..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can't get SotC over 31fps....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried what must be every setting. 

Only way I got it to 58-60fps was to use "frame skipping" (constant and 1 and 1 in the settings) - but then every few seconds.....1 second of nothing / lag.

This is my latest attempt.....again 30fps....please help....my card should be good enough...
Try the latest beta
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
SotC is one of the most demanding games on pcsx2...if you are going to use speed hacks,VU Cycle Stealing set to 1 works best

What is your cpu
PS.Emulation requires cpu power a lot more than gpu
(03-20-2019, 07:48 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Try the latest beta
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
SotC is one of the most demanding games on pcsx2...if you are going to use speed hacks,VU Cycle Stealing set to 1 works best

What is your cpu
PS.Emulation requires cpu power a lot more than gpu

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Make sure you are plugged into AC power. Nvidia's GeForce Experience software hard caps all framerates to 30 FPS when on battery power, unless you manually disable Battery Boost.
Without the speed hack you will not get full speed.
My i7-4771 is little but better than your 7700HQ in single threaded performance but I can't get full speed without the speed hack
Thx...totally worked :-)

One more q...I've tacky 360 usb controllers from china and the button config gets strange at times...is there a way to save the pad config once I have it 'happy'?
Under Lilypad, you can save the bindings to a .lily file.