..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 severely lags due to fog,mist, explosions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

KERAN G

Hello everyone, I have a severe lag problem which happens when fog or mist appears on the game screen. This makes the games I play rather slow and they drop to below 10fps. I am running the emulator on my desktop:

Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU: i3 3.40ghz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000
RAM: 8GB
STORAGE: 500GB HDD +[ 250GB HDD(where the games are)]

The games which I know are affected are:

Crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex
Crash Twinsanity
Crash of the Titans
Crash mind over mutant
get a decent GPU and you should be fine.
i3 2.4ghz doesn't say much,what exactly is your cpu(if it is powerful enough,software mode may work better because your gpu is weak)
(03-23-2019, 06:17 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]i3 2.4ghz doesn't say much,what exactly is your cpu(if it is powerful enough,software mode may work better because your gpu is weak)

That's sandy bridge vintage.. The fastest i3 in that line was the 2130, and it was a 3.4ghz model and a stp of about 1755.  Based on that and the fact that the T processors were the only ones that came below 3 ghz.. it would indicate the processor itself is suffering.. The 2120T has a stp in the 1300 neighborhood.

KERAN G

CPU : Intel core i3 2130 @ 3.40Ghz
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 2000

[attachment=68696]
STR = 1755.
means your limiting factor is clearly your GPU
An STR of only 1755 isn't much to work with either
This is also true. The emulator requires at least 1500 and that's the bare requirements. You need at least 2000 to have a suitable performance in a majority of PS2 games and that doesn't even cover the most demanding kinds of all PS2 games.
That's not really true,1755 is more than enough to play almost all games but in this case,the gpu is slowing things down(and that's why I said that software mode may work better)
My 6700HQ score is 1800 and I can play games like VP2 easily at above 100fps or ZoE2 on the most demanding parts at 30-40fps(PAL version which means 50fps for full speed)

PCSX2 is improved in the latest beta by a lot compared to 1.4.0 and I don't think the usual 1600 recommended is not really accurate anymore(it's probably lower)
In certain parts in KH2 I was able to reach 40fps on an older pcsx2 version on a Pentium 4 cpu(single core with HT and according to passmark,that cpu have 632 stp)

PS.I already cleared 4 PS3 games on rpcs3 at full speed almost all the time

KERAN G

(03-26-2019, 08:21 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]That's not really true,1755 is more than enough to play almost all games but in this case,the gpu is slowing things down(and that's why I said that software mode may work better)
My 6700HQ score is 1800 and I can play games like VP2 easily at above 100fps or ZoE2 on the most demanding parts at 30-40fps(PAL version which means 50fps for full speed)

PCSX2 is improved in the latest beta by a lot compared to 1.4.0 and I don't think the usual 1600 recommended is not really accurate anymore(it's probably lower)
In certain parts in KH2 I was able to reach 40fps on an older pcsx2 version on a Pentium 4 cpu(single core with HT and according to passmark,that cpu have 632 stp)

PS.I already cleared 4 PS3 games on rpcs3 at full speed almost all the time

I switched to software mode but I am wondering if I could increase the graphics to 720p
Pages: 1 2 3