..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: planning on get a better PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people,

am planning to get a better PC than my current one I would like to know a few things. but first here are the spec of the new PC

HP Compaq 8300 SFF
Intel Core i5-3570 @ 3.40GHz
4gb of Ram

So here are what I will like to know
- how good is this PC for Pcsx2 emulation
- how good is this PC for PC games
- if am to buy it what GPU should I get being its a SSF PC

thanks alot
Even though that cpu is pretty old, its single thread performance is really good at over 2000. First of all, what games do you wish to play? If you could afford i, a NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is a favorite recently as its prices went down and it can handle pretty much every game that you throw at it.
(04-01-2019, 05:31 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]Even though that cpu is pretty old, its single thread performance is really good at over 2000. First of all, what games do you wish to play? If you could afford i, a NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is a favorite recently as its prices went down and it can handle pretty much every game that you throw at it.

Am looking at playing god of war 1&2, mortal kombat sm, MGS at 1080p and a few PC games
God of War looks to me a pretty demanding game. If you want to be able to play it in 1080p, then you need to set the internal resolution to 3x Native. In that case, a 1070 or a 1080 looks to be a really good decision if you are in a tight budget. Any RTX would definitely be able to happen that but of course, it's the most expensive option. There is a 16 series, but just came out recently and it's pretty pricey as well.
I really hoped the Gtx1050ti could play those games at 1080p.

BTW if and understanding you correctly, u advice me to go ahead and the PC right.
Yeah, that PC is just fine. Be warned that due to the age of the CPU, it's going to use more power. But that shouldn't be a major concern. Before buying the graphics card, you should check return policies and try out the card before you keep it. I'd say try the 1050 Ti first and try a better card if you need to upgrade it.
OK thanks a lot for the advice, I really appreciate it. I will go ahead and get PC