..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Settings for most accurate gaming experience
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are the best settings to play games with the highest accuracy? Is it software mode? Also, what backend would be the best for an RTX 2060 and an i5-8400? I know on Dolphin and Cemu it’s Vulkan but I haven’t used PCSX2 in a long time. I want to play everything ideally in 4k but 1440p or 1080p are fine as long as it’s super accurate. 

Thank you!
OGL is recommended on Nvidia cards.
Also, make sure it's hardware. You would get a more stable speed. So, with an RTX 2060, choose OpenGL Hardware. Also, since it has been a while, you should be using the latest dev build. There are vast improvements over the latest stable 1.4.0 release.
Quote: want to play everything ideally in 4k but 1440p or 1080p are fine as long as it’s super accurate.
since a PS2 is unable to render games at 4k, i'm not sure "accurate" is the appropriate word here.
(04-09-2019, 06:13 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, make sure it's hardware. You would get a more stable speed. So, with an RTX 2060, choose OpenGL Hardware. Also, since it has been a while, you should be using the latest dev build. There are vast improvements over the latest stable 1.4.0 release.

I was wondering if hardware mode would be better. Thanks for the response!

(04-09-2019, 06:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]since a PS2 is unable to render games at 4k, i'm not sure "accurate" is the appropriate word here.

You know exactly what I mean. GTFO
(04-10-2019, 12:02 AM)NoleNation Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if hardware mode would be better. Thanks for the response!

Hardware is better for performance, and allows upscaling for video quality improvements. Software is very hard in performance and has no upscaling capabilities, but is more accurate since it can be made to do things that a GPU can't explicitly do with it's fixed unit and shader cores.

(04-10-2019, 12:02 AM)NoleNation Wrote: [ -> ]You know exactly what I mean. GTFO

[Image: stGka9K.png]

The more you upscale, the more you risk accuracy losses and introduction of upscaling artifacts (lines in sprites, bloom misalignment, etc). Not as snarky of a comment as you'd like to think.