..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX PAL cheats not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi eveyrone!

I've downloaded the latest version of PCSX2 as of today, and I have the PAL iso and the PAL bios as well.

Also, I got the pnach file from this forum, and put it in the cheats folder insider the PCSX2 directory folder (the one there it installed).
I made sure that the '//' signs are not there, before the cheats I wanted to apply.

Still, however, nothing works.. Anyone has an idea why?
Thank you!
Overall it doesn't matter where your bios is from (As in region) but did you make sure that you got the proper cheats for the proper region? If you look in the logscreen you would see something like: ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_211.52;1) Game CRC = 0xD382C164, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

Where D382C164 is the CRC of the game (This CRC is from Digital Devil Saga 2 ofcourse, this is only as an example) If you got the CRC of your game go to: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...tches-here

And in the lower right corner of the page you would see a search (It says Enter Keywords) add it there and it should give you some cheats from other people.
I did try and match the CRCs..

Here is mine

ELF (cdrom0:\SCES_504.90;1) Game CRC = 0xA39517AB, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(FFX PAL)

Ill go ahead and try and search for this specific pnach file, once more. However I am pretty sure I did this already.
I'll edit this post again and let you know

EDIT:
I just saw a post about moving the files to Documents/PCSX2/Cheats. Going to give that a go

EDIT2:

SOLVED!
For anyone else experiencing this issue,
The pnach file with the correct name (as mentioned above by StriFe) has to be in the documents/pcsx2/cheats, and not in the destination folder, where the PCSX2 is acually installed!
The installer version is using the folder in Documents\PCSX2\cheats
The portable(beta\binary)version is using the cheats folder where pcsx2.exe is