..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Thread Modes Please insert Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I download PCSX2 to play a game and every time i try to run the game it  comes up with a red screen that says Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disk i am using v 1.2.1 please help me solve this problem
First download the latest version of the program. 1.2.1 is Ancient and obsolete. https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(05-03-2019, 12:34 AM)StriFe Wrote: [ -> ]First download the latest version of the program. 1.2.1 is Ancient and obsolete. https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

so i downloaded it and every time i try to install it says the selected gs plugin failed to load 
Reason:the plugin reports that your hardware or software/drivers are not supported
and i am using the v1.5.0-dev-3119-g637f777ea version
You don't really install it you just extract it from the archive and run it. What are your pc specifications?!?
(05-03-2019, 12:51 AM)StriFe Wrote: [ -> ]You don't really install it you just extract it from the archive and run it. What are your pc specifications?!?

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Hmm I think that your ultrabook/laptop is a tad on the slower side.
(05-03-2019, 01:07 AM)StriFe Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm I think that your ultrabook/laptop is a tad on the slower side.

so i can't play games on pcsx2?
Are you using the sse4 plugin?
Have you done the following?:
-installed the DirectX Runtime
-installed C++ Redistributable 2015 VC
-installed the most recent version of your graphics card driver
-dumped your PS2 BIOS correctly (first of all, how did you dump it?)

Like StriFe said, that PC won't get you a suitable performance for games that are pretty demanding.
Probably directx must be installed\reinstalled or the vc redist 2015 which is in the same page as the pcsx2 1.5.0
Pages: 1 2 3