..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Gran Turismo Running at 50-60%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to play gran turismo 4 and the game runs slowly. It feels like I am in slow motion most of the time making the game almost unplayable. I have followed multiple guides for configuration to no avail. Currently for graphics I have 2x native and OpenGl with preset 2 for emulation settings. Any help as to why and how I can improve performance will be greatly appreciated  

My System specifications 
Processor: AMD 1700X 8 core 3Ghz
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080 overclocked 
RAM: 24GB DDR4 
System: Windows 10
Could you post an emulog? That CPU is okay, but it can be better, especially for this game. If you aren't running a dev build, then download the latest one. I have a link in my signature. Just click the top result, extract it to a folder and import your cheats and memcards.
(06-24-2019, 01:45 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]Could you post an emulog? That CPU is okay, but it can be better, especially for this game. If you aren't running a dev build, then download the latest one. I have a link in my signature. Just click the top result, extract it to a folder and import your cheats and memcards.
Here is my Emulog. I have downloaded and extracted the specified. What are the next steps?
Okay, you should download a dev build. As I mentioned earlier, I have a link for it in my signature. Download the most recent build that can be downloaded. Could you also post your Gsdx settings within the build that you downloaded afterward? With plugins, you should use AVX2 for Gsdx.
(06-24-2019, 10:36 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, you should download a dev build. As I mentioned earlier, I have a link for it in my signature. Download the most recent build that can be downloaded. Could you also post your Gsdx settings within the build that you downloaded afterward? With plugins, you should use AVX2 for Gsdx.
Thanks for your help. The dev build did the trick. These are the settings I used with it. Preset 2, Res: the same as my monitor and DXD11 hardware. Everything else is default.
If you are using custom resolutions I would avoid that and stick with the nearest ?X multiplier to the resolution you want to play at (assuming your system can handle it and yours looks pretty good). Custom resolutions can "fix" some games and break just as many, if not more. Also usually OpenGL is recommended with Nvidia GPUs, but gtgamer468 probably knows if there are issues with directx11 in any PS2 GT game better then I do (I only occasionally play a race here and there).
I don't notice much of a difference, but OpenGL is still better than DirectX11 with Nvidia cards. There are some graphical glitches I've notice, but I haven't tested out its fixes just yet. You can test them out for me though. It involves in the blending unit. Set it to "Full" as it will fix many issues with headlights. When doing this, try using up to 8x native resolution and cut back when needed. For the rest, I used these fixes as well. Enable 8-bit texture, and some HW hacks and: 1) enable Align Sprite and 2) set the TC Offset X to 385 and TC Offset Y to 187. If you need anything, please reply with questions for me.