..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No Dragon Quest VIII cheat .pnach file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there is no Dragon Quest VIII pnach file on my cheats_ws RAR. And I can't make PNACH file. I've also tried to search the internet and the forum for the file but I can't find any, all I can find is the code text for the pnach file but not the file. Unsure  Can anyone please upload the whole pnach file for me? Or just pls give me the link. Thank you so much. Biggrin

Edit: there are no F4715852.pnach or 945FBF31.pnach files in my cheats_ws RAR
What do you need the pnach file for?
The cheats_ws directory is for Widescreen Support.
If you need cheat codes, here you go:
Arauho021,

1. Make a new text document with a name of a cheat file you need.
In example F4715852.txt or that 945FBF31.txt, depending on your game version. You can check which one is yours in emulator log after you launch the game. It's game CRC.

2. Then open that text document and paste that code text you said you found on the web (or use a file dhillel attached if your DQVIII is USA version), save that text document and close it.

3. After that change extension of that text document from in example F4715852.txt to F4715852.pnach manually.
The same as you would change the name of normal documents. Slowly double left click to get into name changing, delete .txt and change it to .pnach.

Done, you have a .pnach file. Move it if you didn't already to your emulator cheats folder, NOT cheats_ws. You can tell windows to always open .pnach files with notepad so you can edit them easily if needed.
If you don't see file extensions in windows click view on explorer window and check file extensions.

Remember that if the codes you found aren't already converted to be usable in PCSX2 you need to convert them.
Or just use File=>Save As=>in Save as Type choose All Files and for name type the crc.pnach
This way you don't have to rename the file(replacing txt with pnach)
(06-30-2019, 08:16 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Or just use File=>Save As=>in Save as Type choose All Files and for name type the crc.pnach
This way you don't have to rename the file(replacing txt with pnach)
got it thanks man

(06-30-2019, 07:55 PM)Arethien Wrote: [ -> ]Arauho021,

1. Make a new text document with a name of a cheat file you need.
In example F4715852.txt or that 945FBF31.txt, depending on your game version. You can check which one is yours in emulator log after you launch the game. It's game CRC.

2. Then open that text document and paste that code text you said you found on the web (or use a file dhillel attached if your DQVIII is USA version), save that text document and close it.

3. After that change extension of that text document from in example F4715852.txt to F4715852.pnach manually.
The same as you would change the name of normal documents. Slowly double left click to get into name changing, delete .txt and change it to .pnach.

Done, you have a .pnach file. Move it if you didn't already to your emulator cheats folder, NOT cheats_ws. You can tell windows to always open .pnach files with notepad so you can edit them easily if needed.
If you don't see file extensions in windows click view on explorer window and check file extensions.

Remember that if the codes you found aren't already converted to be usable in PCSX2 you need to convert them.
alright man got it thanks

(06-30-2019, 07:37 PM)dhillel Wrote: [ -> ]The cheats_ws directory is for Widescreen Support.
If you need cheat codes, here you go:
Ah haha didn't realise the ws part. Thanks a lot man