..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Input lag in PCSX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To add on the input lag topic here, I measured 6 frames of input game lag (more accounting display, gamepad and other factors) with Sengoku Basara X, it harms gameplay a lot, specially with fighters and shooters which the PS2 has quite a bunch, for 3D adventure games or platformers it isn't as critical but for reaction games I would deem 4 frames as max for sane gameplay, 6 is one of the most I have seen for any emulator, for example Dolphin has 4-5 frames of input lag, Citra has 4, and so on.

I tested disabling desktop composition or adding prerendered frame but it doesn't have any effect.
Can confirm, testing by moving one of the analog sticks quickly side to side can see that it takes a second for the screen to notice.
Yes, it depends on the game and how the animation or response is programmed but normally it's a 6 frames game lag (real lag can be 1 or more frames longer depending on display, VSync, etc). I opened a ticket here.

I tested several games and tried to execute the fastest response path animation, typically invoking the start menu and similar things.

MGS3 Subsistance (6 frames)
GTA Vice City (6 frames)
GTA San Andreas (10 frames, 166ms!)
Sengoku Basara X (6 frames)
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 (7 frames)
Taiko Drum Master (6 frames)
Silent Scope (6 frames)
Time Crisis 3 (5 frames)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (4 frames)

Since Capcom Fighting Evolution is a 2D game it's a bit a different. Sengoku Basara X is also a 2D game but probably not using raster rendering functions.
Yea sucks because as soon as I tried the games I had on my friend's old PS2 didn't notice any stick delay/lag. Which sucks since I don't have a PS2 anymore.

I thought my issues would be actually running PCSX2 with my computer but nope, has to be the controller causing issues. It's literally unplayable for me.
If you don't have a PS2, how did you get your BIOS? The only way of getting them is by dumping the BIOS from your PS2 console.
(07-05-2019, 03:43 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have a PS2, how did you get your BIOS? The only way of getting them is by dumping the BIOS from your PS2 console.
I said I don't have it anymore.  I sold it in 2014.
(07-05-2019, 03:54 AM)sandman332 Wrote: [ -> ]I said I don't have it anymore.  I sold it in 2014.
then you actually sold the right to use your PS2 bios with it.
please refrain from posting, thanks
(07-05-2019, 06:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]then you actually sold the right to use your PS2 bios with it.
please refrain from posting, thanks
Sold the right to use the thing I payed for's bios?.  Could have said it broke but whatever your happy with.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
(07-06-2019, 01:22 AM)sandman332 Wrote: [ -> ]Sold the right to use the thing I payed for's bios?.  Could have said it broke but whatever your happy with.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
it's just like buying a game, making a copy of it, re-selling the game, but continue using your copy.
it's not a matter of opinion, just a matter of copyrights. I guess it's a bit beyond you, though.
Quote:Could have said it broke but whatever your happy with
why didn't you, then ?
Please don't drive-by the issue thread with comments like "my games are unplayable" it's not helpful and you will be ignored.
What I need is specific information so I can properly diagnose issues.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2