..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4 controller switches from XInput pad 0 to 1 when reconnecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This happens to every game I play. The controller is connected (wired) and it disconnects and reconnects, and when it reconnects the controller switches from Xinput pad 0 to Xinput pad 1. This issue as far as I know can't be fixed and I tried connecting a second controller which didn't work either. I'm playing MGS3 and I REALLY don't want to go through the Ocelot bossfight again.

when I test xinput 0 it only shows question marks instead of the values and xinput 1 shows the values of the controller (as seen in the attached pic).

Edit: The only way to solve it is to restart the emulator

[attachment=69518]
DS4 isn't xinput by default.
are you using a wrapper ? or some other DS4 drivers ?
(08-22-2019, 06:52 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]DS4 isn't xinput by default.
are you using a wrapper ? or some other DS4 drivers ?

The thing is when I go to its settings the controller inputs for both Xinput pad 0 and DX Controller (XBOX 360 for windows) and when it reconnects sinput changes from pad 0 to pad 1 and I guess it doesnt receive fromĀ  DX Controller.

This just gave me an idea, what if I disabled xinput and just used direct input?
you can't connect a DS4 controller to windows alone.
you must install something. either a wrapper, either 3rd party drivers, or maybe something else.
what did you use ?
(08-22-2019, 07:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you can't connect a DS4 controller to windows alone.
you must install something. either a wrapper, either 3rd party drivers, or maybe something else.
what did you useĀ  ?
I use DS4 Windows, it connects your DS4 controller and windows identifies it as an xbox 360 controller.
alright. moved to off topic since it's not related to pcsx2, then.