..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Guitar Hero [NTSC-U]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCSX2 version: 1.5.0-dev-3307
CPU Options: EE/IOP default, VU default (tested Clamping to Full and VU at Extra+Preserve sign) (No speedhacks)
Plugins: OpenGL (Software)
Description: Upon starting the game and watching the intro video, it will lockup the during video. This also will happen in the behind the scenes videos as well.

I have included a gs dump
I can confirm this is a real issue. The problem is this game is timing sensitive and the end of FMVs only work with -3 ee cyclerate.
Interestingly, Guitar Hero II (Including it's own expansion pack, Guitar Hero Encore: Rock the 80's) being an sequel that does not having this video glitch occurs for me. Tested on both NTSC-U and PAL version and it looks fine, perfect playable with no problems.

However, this video glitch also occurs in PAL version of Guitar Hero, making ensure both the NTSC-U and PAL version had to be appied with automatic gamefix.
Yes, Guitar Hero 2 runs on a different engine so it is unrelated.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.