..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help with cheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i trying to apply some cheats on the game Gran Turismo 4 with no success, i already had success with YU-GI-OH! Duelist of the Roses and Need For Speed Underground, but with GT4 i tried multiple forms of cheats with no success. First, i tried to use Cheat Engine, failed, with my Game Shark disc, and the emulator freezes when changing discs ( with YU-GI-OH! it didn't happened), the same happens with CodeBreaker disc, both Game Shark and CodeBreaker are Original, so i don't know if it is the reason for failure.
Then i tried using .pnach method, and all tutorials failed, so i don't know what happens, because i saw a lot of videos of people being succesful with cheating in GT4.
This is the pnach info i created:

"comment=Gran Turismo 4

// Master Code
patch=1,EE,F0100008,extended,0058EF8B

// Max Credits
patch=1,EE,20A1FCA8,extended,B8C9425E
patch=1,EE,20A1FCAC,extended,7A726F98"

I have 3 hacked PS2 Consoles, and they all work fine with both Game Shark and CodeBreaker, so if anyone can help me, i would be glad.
P.S.: I want to cheat on the emulator due to the fact that my TVs don't work properly with PS2, and on PC, the game runs on HD, just that reason.
Those codes are for the USA version acourding to google.
Do you have that version of the game

1.Maybe a stupid question but does your cheats look exactly like that in the pnach file(with those quotes at the beginning and the end))
2.Can you post your emulog after you run the game with the cheats enabled and the close pcsx2
The file is located either in pcsx2\logs or in documents\pcsx2\logs
(11-10-2019, 07:46 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Those codes are for the USA version acourding to google.
Do you have that version of the game

1.Maybe a stupid question but does your cheats look exactly like that in the pnach file(with those quotes at the beginning and the end))
2.Can you post your emulog after you run the game with the cheats enabled and the close pcsx2
The file is located either in pcsx2\logs or in documents\pcsx2\logs
Hi vsub, thank you for your reply, i did a really really silly thing, when i tried to find the log, i saw this message: "Cheat files not found", then i saw the location of the folder that the emulator wanted to open, and it was a different location, so i found out that, the PCSX2 opens a cheat folder in the standard Documents/My Documents folder (mine - 'C:\Users\Givaldo\Documents\PCSX2\cheats'), not on the x86 installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.4.0\Cheats), so after copying the pnach to that founder, it instantly worked!
So it was just a matter of misplacing the files, but the strange thing is that the YU-GI-OH! pnach worked on that original folder, so i don't know the reason to that, but anyway, thank you for your help, if i didn't searched the log, i would never discover this.
Thank You, Greetings from Brazil.