..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Running WAY Too Slow On Powerful Rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So why exactly is PCSX2 dropping framerates down to single digits making the games unplayable??

i7
32GB Ram
SSD
Nvidia 1070TI

This system should be able to run a PS2 emulator instance of 10 times and not break a sweat. My PC will play anything modern i throw at it without dropping frame rate to any noticeable difference.

What gives? Tried tweaking lost of the hacks and settings, no change, the game starts out running right around 60fps but after less than a minute it will drop down to like 2fps which is insanely stupid for software that emulates a system so out of date a basic computer from 5 years ago should run with no problems. In fact i think i have run this emulator (a version of it) on a computer 10 years ago with just the basic "upgraded card" included on an off the shelf dell at best buy with 0 issues.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

oh, and btw, i just hope you aren't comparing PS2 emulation to native PC gaming....