..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 NTSC File format issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just bought a US (NTSC) copy of Persona 3 : FES and upon inserting the game disc into my PC, I was greeted by three files, one with an "MDS" file extension and the latter two with I00 and I01 formats. I did some reading on this forum mentioning the issue above and after trying to use "ImgBurn" as adviced by some of the fellow members, I came to no avail. First I tried 'burning' all 3 files into an .iso file using the ImgBurn program, but didn't have any success (got an error by PCSX2 saying it cannot find the .iso file); after, I tried mounting the .mds file to daemon tools, extracting its contents and finally, burning it with ImgBurn, which .iso file it produced this time, was openable by the PCSX2, but sadly nothing comes out (just keeps a black screen with no audio/video output). So, I am sorry if this issue has been already resolved somewhere around this forum's threads, but I simply couldn't find a solution. Thanks in advance.
insert your game disc in your DVD reader
launch imgburn
click "read disc"
wait
your iso file is made
In that case, it's literally the same as the first thing I did (trying to make an .iso from the three files) and I can't get it to run that way
(12-29-2019, 01:43 AM)ivokarchev Wrote: [ -> ]In that case, it's literally the same as the first thing I did (trying to make an .iso from the three files)
no.
if you tried to make a custom iso by adding the 3 files, imgburn won't add "hidden data" to your iso. a PS2 needs that "hidden data"
(12-29-2019, 01:45 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]no.
if you tried to make a custom iso by adding the 3 files, imgburn won't add "hidden data" to your iso. a PS2 needs that "hidden data"
Okay, I'll try and reply shortly what the results are, thanks for the fast response!
Thank you, that worked. Have a wonderful day/night!