..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] We Love Katamari [NTSC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Bug Report] We Love Katamari [NTSC]

# Pcsx2 version: PCSX2 0.9.6 (also tested on most recent beta)
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14, tested also on ZeroGS-r1048
# Description: game starts up and then reaches the memory card testing. Game fails to read memory card stating there is none there even if feature is enabled. Moving on by saying Yes to play anyway. Game hangs at intro screen when the "We" starts spinning. First visuals freeze, then Audio cuts out 3 seconds after.

[Image: test.jpg]
Known issue, there is even a patch if you enable it Tongue2 not 100% sure if it's for your version tho
My desktop showed no results from the patch
threelaptops showed no results also from enabling the patch
A friend of mine tested it on his ubuntu OS on 0.9.5 watermoose and managed to get through some gameplay but it shortly crashed. And on 0.9.6 he got a blackscreen from start. My desktop, my laptop and my 2nd friend's windows based laptop failed at the samep lace

Will still continue testing of course.

desktop: (windows xp)
2.4ghz q6600 intel
8800 GT

laptop 1: (windows vista)
2.0ghz turion amd
3200 HD

laptop 2: (windows vista)
2.2ghz T7500 intel
9500M GS nvidia

laptop 3 (unix-based ubuntu):
2.1ghz T8100 intel
8600 GT

Doubt you'll really need the laptop hardware, but I decided to throw it out anyway for just knowledge on what systems me and my friends are on.
then i suggest the patch isnt for your version of the game.
does anyone know where i can find the patch?
svn versions of pcsx2 don't need the patch anymore.
there is a generic skip-video gamefix which works for this; this is automatically applied via the game database for katamari games...
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.