..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PENTIUM GOLD G5400 ENOUGH FOR PCSX2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the pentium gold g5400 enough for pcsx2 games, which are cpu intesive, like ratchet and clank or metal gear solid or shadow of the colossus? Please i need an answer and quick guys! thanks
Single Thread Rating: 2181
I would say yes it is good enough
(01-13-2020, 01:13 PM)cantona Wrote: [ -> ]Single Thread Rating: 2181
Thanks for your answer man, because i am upgrading from an amd a8 7600 which is quite slow for pcsx2 so i searched for a budget cpu and find g5400 which single thread performance is quite good! Biggrin
keep in mind you'll have to change your mobo too
(01-13-2020, 01:13 PM)cantona Wrote: [ -> ]Single Thread Rating: 2181
With your pc setup do you have any problems running pcsx2 games, and if you have which games run slow?

(01-13-2020, 02:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]keep in mind you'll have to change your mobo too
Yes of course ! Biggrin
(01-13-2020, 02:55 PM)ALCATRAZ1996 Wrote: [ -> ]With your pc setup do you have any problems running pcsx2 games, and if you have which games run slow?

Yes of course ! Biggrin
Really no much problems, the most demanding games I have are GoW, Black and shadow of the colossus

God of War 1 and 2 - 60fps start to finish
Black - around 55 to 60fps (gpu fault)
Shadow of the colossus - not played yet bcoz am using iGPU which will not play this Game even at native resolution
While it does have a good stp,first it's not so so great(on my i7-4771(a 4 cores cpu with hypertreading)have some problems from time to time to keep full speed on ratchet and clank and sotc unless I use speedhacks

That cpu(g5400) have around the same stp score but it is just two cores...all of the cpu resources are not going only to pcsx2.There is windows and tons of other things that this dual core cpu have to work on.
Keep in mind that Pentium G Series not support AVX, AVX2, and FMA3 at all. Probably not a big deal for pcsx2 anyway, but many apps/emulators get profit from at least AVX now.