..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Issue for Kingdom Hearts / FFXII / FFX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hey all, I studied pcsx2 about how it works and so on.
The problem I get is:

Kingdom Hearts
60fps or 100% during login screen, fps dropped to around 45 when I load saved files, fps dropped further when I go to screen which has many object, or demand more graphics, FPS dropped to 35-40, slow sound and slow gameplay.
I get about 55-60 most of the time, but when I comes to opened area or big area which demand graphic, fps dropped a lot.

I already played around with the plugins many times, adjust res, change the plugins, speedhack, frame skip and so on, just won't solve the problem.
I also had try to make the priorty to high, no influenced.

Not to mention FFXII, I get only 20+ fps when entered the game when I first see the playable character.

I wonder if its my laptop too weak for the game or pcsx2, here is my spec.

LAPTOP SPEC
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 2.4GHz
4.00 GB RAM [3GB only due to 32bit Vista]
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 512MB
For those who knows, it is Dell Studio 1555 Laptop.

Here is my configuration currently.

[Image: spect.jpg]

Speed hack is on default cycle rate, other checkboxes are untick.

P/S:
- I play on iso, not dvd room, my dvd room sucks.
- Background programs are avast antivirus, webroot spysweeper.
- No other opening application other than pcsx2.
- Power option is RECOMMENDED setting.

Alright, now for some in game screenshots.

Low fps at load game screen.
[Image: 32646738.jpg]

Full 100% fps when playing
[Image: 62033834.jpg]

FPS dropped, sound and music is lagging and slower
[Image: 87265030.jpg]

To be honest, I would like to make it 100% or nearly 100% for all the time if my pc can sustain it, but I'm lack of configuration skill.
Anyone here can enlighten me about this?
Thanks a lot in advanced. Sorry for my bad english.
In the gsdx configuration, click the native box. This should see an increase in speed though a decrease in screen size.

If that doesn't take you to full speeds, as far as i can tell you have set the rest right, just use speedhacks (u wont need all of them), prob 1.5x cycle and INTC hacks would do, just play around with them and you should see full speeds.

When using speedhacks though you would prob want to put the frame-limiting to limit, so it doesn't go over 60 fps then back down then back up etc.
While other problems possible, the first one of them is your video card. Do as the Mortred suggested and you may see some improvement.
Thanks Motred for the info, managed to get to full speed by only using the suggested speedhack.
Unfortunately, even I native my res, use lowest screen resolution, used speedhack, I still get below 30fps during gameplay for FF12.
Is it because my processor or graphic card too weak?
Speed hacks in FFXII game is not gain alot fps, just vEry little gain fps but vucycle stealing option can give you more fps.
Yeh FF12 is more intense the other games you tried to play, and the current speedhacks on the released build dont help much in that game.

You can download the latest beta, there is a new speedhack that works very well called VU cycle stealing, you can try that with FF12 and you might be able to see a good boost in speed.

I believe i read that the hack has various results as it depends on the game you play, no hurt in trying it.
I am having the same issues for Kingdom Hearts, especially getting into the opening cut scene. I am using the ZeroGS graphics plugin, as well as the PEOPS SPU sound plugin.

I am a newb here, and would not consider myself educated in these matters beyond basic troubleshooting. If there is any more information I could provide to help solve my problem, let me know and I will provide it.

Is there a similar option in the ZeroGS' configuration to the natrual checkbox that was suggested earlier in this thread for the gsdx plugin? I originally attempted to use the gsdx plugin, but it would not play the game at all.
if by not playing you mean that pcsx2 crashes then you must upgrade your directx Smile
(04-28-2009, 11:47 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: [ -> ]if by not playing you mean that pcsx2 crashes then you must upgrade your directx Smile

My DirectX is current (or at least I've downloaded and installed the version from Microsoft that the config guide links to). What the gdsx graphics plug in does is gets past the initial load screen and then crashes. But that's not a major issue to me since I can get to gameplay using the ZeroGS graphics plug in.

The main issue I have with ZeroGS is that, while it does menu screens and gameplay just fine, the fps (and accompanying audio) swings wildly between 20 and 100 per second - making things very laggy indeed. There is no graphical corruption or crashing. It's almost like someone is pressing the pause button three times a second or so.
(04-29-2009, 01:06 AM)Morvelaira Wrote: [ -> ]What the gdsx graphics plug in does is gets past the initial load screen and then crashes.
looks to me like the ps2 bios needs configuring Smile (with CDVD to CDVDNull and Gsdx to software mode or ZeroGS)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8