..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Widescreen patch not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
.Hack//Infection doesn't seem to be having the widescreen patch applied at all. I put the file in cheats, enabled the widescreen patches, and set the screen to 16:9 but there's no difference between having the patch and not having the patch. 

How I did it was:
Download .patch
Put .patch in /Cheats
Enabled widescreen patches
Set window to 16:9

And as far as I know that's the way to do it, but it's not working. Did I do anything wrong?
Enable cheats
(01-22-2020, 09:46 PM)kozarovv Wrote: [ -> ]Enable cheats

Cheats are enabled, yes. No difference in turning it on or off either.
AFAIK Widescreen patch should be put in "cheats_ws" directory instead of "cheats"
(01-23-2020, 01:23 AM)GoneAyywire Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK Widescreen patch should be put in "cheats_ws" directory instead of "cheats"

cheats_ws? Interesting.. I have a .zip that's called that, but a folder just called Cheats.
If there's a zip with that name, then the widescreen patch should be there already.
(01-23-2020, 02:47 AM)GoneAyywire Wrote: [ -> ]If there's a zip with that name, then the widescreen patch should be there already.

Ah, alright. Guess then that the patch is already applied. Game still looks weird stretched out though.. oh well.
Are you talking about 2D elements (like menus, HUD) or in-game 3D ones?
Anyway, check your PCSX2 log window. There's should be something that says "X Widescreen codes applied" on it's window title or something like that.
(01-23-2020, 03:14 AM)GoneAyywire Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about 2D elements (like menus, HUD) or in-game 3D ones?
Anyway, check your PCSX2 log window. There's should be something that says "X Widescreen codes applied" on it's window title or something like that.

I'm talking about 2D elements, yeah. I guess it won't be affected then? Game looks like this.
(01-23-2020, 04:52 AM)Sabriel Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about 2D elements, yeah. I guess it won't be affected then? Game looks like this.

Yeah unfortunately, it's going only to affect 3D elements. To fix the 2D element ones would needs more work.
Anyway, you can try to request it here: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wi...me-Patches