..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - Lighting bloom is acting strange...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCSX2 version: PCSX2 1.5.0-dev-3251-gbeac77602
CPU options: EE/IOP and VUs at default.
Hardware:
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
  • RAM: 32gb
In Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, the lighting effects on certain objects appear to be slightly misaligned and at some points functioning improperly entirely around the border of the screen. This wasn't a problem in the first two games in the series, so I assume it is some new lighting mechanic that was introduced only with this title.

Does anyone know any workaround for this?

(Please excuse the weird aspect ratio. I'm not sure why PCSX2 takes screenshots like this.)
[Image: Iizo7jQ.png]
[Image: 8YtLMrt.png]
Through the advanced GS settings you can find half pixel offset, it will reduce the effect if set to special
(02-06-2020, 11:35 PM)dragcrazyness Wrote: [ -> ]Through the advanced GS settings you can find half pixel offset, it will reduce the effect if set to special
That did the job. Many thanks!

Just curious though, do you know what each of the settings in the dropdown do?
  • Off
  • Normal (Vertex)
  • Special (Texture)
  • Special (Texture - aggressive)
My guess is that the textures is causing a misaligned bloom effect so the option will offset it, you also got aggressive if it does not work. Normal probably deals with vertexes. glad to help
(02-06-2020, 11:35 PM)dragcrazyness Wrote: [ -> ]Through the advanced GS settings you can find half pixel offset, it will reduce the effect if set to special

This worked for me, however now theres a border around my screen. It’s not always there but it keeps appearing frequently. It’s as if the lighting effects were reflected on the side of the screen. Any ideas how to fix?
Nvm.. already fixed it
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.