..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Good PC, poor performance on HIGH IR, possible GPU problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I'm new here. 

I'm trying to play ICO in pcsx2 but my fps drops drastically when playing on 5x IR and above. I know it's not quite a first world problem but I'm pretty sure my pc could handle it no problem since I've seen video on it running on much lower specs than mine at 60 fps (using the patch makes it even worse). Software mode runs fine (100+ fps most of the time), hardware mode runs very bad especially during cutscenes (it even go as low as 30 fps and the game becomes slow as fuc). That makes me think it's a GPU problem. If I play 3x without the 60 fps cheat it's pretty smooth, but when unlocking the framerate I still see an huge drop in frame on those moments anyway.

I want to play it on 4k so bad and I know I can, but I'm running out of options. I tried:

Enabling MTVU, speeding the ps2 clock by 30%, disabling the WS patch, disabling the recommended hack for ICO (half pixel offset), installing THE SAME build the guy on the video used (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJVPn5uv...=emb_title). It still didn't solve the issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

MY SPECS

RTX 2060
I5 9600k
60 fps patch will be even more taxing since it'll render every frame twice
What you get is actually normal
(03-14-2020, 01:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]60 fps patch will be even more taxing since it'll render every frame twice
What you get is actually normal
Yeah but that doesn't explain why the game is so slow even without it in some instances. I remember playing game in 4k IR with my GTX 660, I don't get why this should be harder
If ico is anything SoTC - my gtx 750 ti couldnt handle it at a full speed at 1080.. 3x was the best I could do with it.. Scaling is completely GPU dependent..

What does your CPU and GPU usage look like when you're seeing slowdowns?
(03-14-2020, 10:09 PM)scythefwd Wrote: [ -> ]If ico is anything SoTC - my gtx 750 ti couldnt handle it at a full speed at 1080.. 3x was the best I could do with it.. Scaling is completely GPU dependent..

What does your CPU and GPU usage look like when you're seeing slowdowns?
EE and GS on the top bar don't go often above 50% (GS I think is the graphic plugin?). GPU usage in the task bar is actually very high (80-90%). Is it its limit then?

I still don't know why it is so hard. Did PCSX2 become more GPU heavy with OpenGL? Is it more accurate since 4-5 years ago?
Of course it is. Or we would have seated our time.
Yes, 80-90% is very high for your gpu usage.

Yes, its MUCH more accurate in OGL.. in graphics in general. They've been doing pretty much constant development work on Pcsx2 .. making it more accurate, etc since inception. And its much more demanding now than it used to be.. but it's a better emulation.

Drop your internal resolution to 3x and see if you experience the same issues..