..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help needed in maximizing pcsx2 settings for my pc spec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently bought a new GPU and decided to start playing ps2 emulation. I read a bit the guides here and messed a little bit with some graphics and emulation settings though i don't really see satisfying results and experience occasional lag, graphics tearing, blurriness, slowness. Each system would benefit differently from certain settings...

My spec: 
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660 SUPER
BaseBoard Product P8Z68-V
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Windows 10 64 bit
1080p 24" PC monitor but planning to buy a 4K 55-65" TV monitor soon for occasional gaming on it.

1. What would be the best settings in order to take full advantage of my spec? 
2. What about audio? Any settings there that would enhance the sound? I got stereo speakers.

Thanks in advance!
Unless the game is gpu intensive,that cpu will slow you down
His single threaded performance is at the recommended level for most games but not all.

The scaling depends on your screen size.
If it's a screen at 24inch or below,you will not see any difference between 3 or 4x and above but the cpu\gpu usage will be huge which will lead to lower speed
I understand from you that my CPU is not powerful enough, i do consider buying a new CPU in the future but until then, with this current spec, What would be the configurations?. Added my monitor info to the previous message.
For 24inch you will barely see any difference in quality between 3 and 4x scaling so use 3x to also reduce the load on your hardware
If you get such huge screen,I am not sure how well that gpu will handle above 4x,it all depends on the game(some games even if they are gpu intensive,it may still work at a higher scaling while other will struggle)
In pcsx2,there is no universal settings for all
The default settings + as much scaling your cpu\gpu can handle(AND to actually see a big visual improvement)is all you need,everything else in the settings is just fixes and some small improvements in shaders configurations,not graphical improvements.

Custom shaders increase the graphics quality but you have to look around to find them and then decide if you like the change they do