..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: OpenGL HW graphics issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have an issue with OpenGL Hardware renderer. When i switch renderer to it, the screen turns completely white, and sometimes the game graphics show up for like 0.1 sec or something, and it keeps blinking. I tried doing many stuff to fix this, i tried playing on different versions and dev builds, using GSdx plugins from dev builds for older versions, updating drivers. None of that worked, but one funny thing about this is that OpenGL Software renderer is working fine, but it's unplayable with 10-15 FPS. So if Software renderer is actually working, and OpenGL renderer worked in other games i have on my computer (ex. Half-Life 1), i think there should be a solution for this. 
Oh and by the way, i want to switch to OpenGL HW renderer because of missing shadows under characters in Crash Twinsanity.
Program log:
Code:
OpenGL information. GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7400M Series. Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.. Driver: Core Profile Forward-Compatible Context 15.201.1201.1006
INFO: GL_ARB_sparse_texture is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_sparse_texture2 is NOT SUPPORTED
INFO: GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 is available
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store is available
INFO: GL_ARB_compute_shader is available
INFO: GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object is available
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_view is available
INFO: GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding is available
INFO: GL_ARB_clear_texture is available
INFO: GL_ARB_multi_bind is available
INFO: GL_ARB_direct_state_access is available
INFO: GL_ARB_texture_barrier is available
INFO: GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image is available

Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware renderer)
Available VRAM/RAM:2026MB for textures

And my PC specs, from program log:
Code:
Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  3561 MB
    CPU name         =  AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
    Vendor/Model     =  AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
    CPU speed        =  1.896 ghz (2 logical threads)

My PC is old, i have been using it for 8 years, but it still running games and emulators pretty good!
I cannot attach the video to the thread, so i guess i have to upload it somewhere else
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e90scpx3tjcmq...o.avi?dl=0 (Note: the screen blinks more often than it's seen in the video)
For AMD gpu,better use DX11 and you can also try the latest beta
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
(03-28-2020, 03:35 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]For AMD gpu,better use DX11 and you can also try the latest beta
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
I do use DX11 renderer, but i see DX11 isn't so accurate, so i wanna switch to OpenGL renderer, because i'm really not happy with DX11's graphical issues and OpenGL renderer is the only solution for that.
Sorry for you, then
Ask amd to make better opengl drivers because that's the problem,they don't perform as good as those for the nvidia cards