..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] Problem with missing graphics in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (US)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PCSX2 version: pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3403-g58f5a5b91
CPU options: Default consistent with "Safe" preset.
Plugins used: Gsdx 1.2.0 (hardware/software: OpenGL)  SPU2-X 2.0.0
Issue description: Missing graphics in the Prince's armor on HW (OpenGL) mode.

I played through this game numerous times on SW mode before the HW mode was fixed when the screen was all black and white with a green rectangle in the corner and did not notice this issue before that fix. I am using the recent dev build and was giving it a look and see that the Prince's armor is missing in HW mode, but not SW mode.

My settings are all default (as it would be with the "Safe" preset) with all speedhacks and HW hacks off.

SW mode. The Prince's armor shows properly.

[attachment=70574]

HW mode. The Prince's armor is missing graphics and is shiny instead.

[attachment=70575]

Hopefully, this is enough information to go on. Smile
Can you upload a gs dump of the issue?
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-c...er-GS-dump
Sure, here ya go. I think I did it right.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a5iylnlqv...mp.7z/file

Sorry, here's a v2. I turned the multi-threading hack back on and forgot to toggle it back off again for the first dump. It's off for this one just in case it matters.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c6prsr7un...v2.7z/file
Needs High Blending (opengl ofc) for the character model to display properly, for the blur try messing with the TC X Y offset upscaling hacks.
High blending fixed the model, but I can't improve the blur at all using those X/Y offsets. I can only make it worse. I can see in the pause menu that whichever option I have selected, the text becomes very slightly misaligned in both SW and HW mode. Looking back at the gameplay videos I made, it's present there too. I admit I didn't notice anything being off when I did those. I've played the game probably 20+ times since it first came out on the console before using PCSX2.

I packed my PS2 away a long time ago, so it's been awhile since I played it on the console and I don't remember if it was present there or not. Could it have been a stylistic choice or did you mention correcting it because it's not supposed to be like that?
best would be to check out on your PS2 by yourself, i guess.
FWIW, it looks exactly the same if I use Direct3D 11 (HW and SW), but the armor graphic issue is present even if I set blending to high using Direct3D 11.

Okay, so after messing with this a little more using OGL, I can see that in HW mode only (software mode looks normal to me), there are at least two ghost images that are offset which you can see in the attached image. One is easy to see and the other is less visible further to the left and a little up.

[attachment=70581]

I can use the offsets to make one line up, but not the other. Setting both X and Y to 500, the one image is now a little to the right of the prince and the other is still a little above and to the left of the prince.

[attachment=70580]

It doesn't seem possible to line them both up at the same time?
Use native resolution if you want to avoid upscaling issues.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Invalid since it either was not reproducible, not a valid bug or otherwise unacceptable for fixing.

This thread will now be closed and moved in the Invalid/rejected/duplicate bug reports subforum.