..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Resolution stretching on Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I've been trying to play Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and the game seemingly works perfectly except for the resolution. According to the wiki, the game supports 16:9 natively, however when I try to play it at 1080p the game is stretched horizontally and things that are supposed to be perfect circles are more of an oval shape. I've turned all the dials and nobs I could find to try and fix this, but no dice.

[Was going to put pictures of my settings, but I can't seem to get pictures working on this forum? I tried copying and pasting and uploading the image online and using a link and still nothing.]

I guess it may be an ISO issue? If anyone could hook me up with known good ISOs for this game, that would be fantastic (assuming that's the issue). Otherwise, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong.
Quote:I guess it may be an ISO issue? If anyone could hook me up with known good ISOs for this game, that would be fantastic (assuming that's the issue).
did you patch it ?
Aspect ratio has nothing to do with internal resolution. You have to enable 16:9 ingame and from PCSX2's GS settings
(05-09-2020, 12:23 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Aspect ratio has nothing to do with internal resolution. You have to enable 16:9 ingame and from PCSX2's GS settings

Jesus Christ. You have to hit the start a new game button at the title screen to get to the resolution controls. Thank you.