..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [SOLVED] KODI off screen rendering fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not going to post a poorly taken picture from my crappy phone but I had an issue where the position of the fullscreen window was not correctly positioned under KODI.

The problem as I see it: PCSX2 doesn't actually do 'fullscreen' and KODI doesn't manage windows, so if you boot straight into KODI without a window manager underneath, windows are left to figure it out for themselves. My fullscreen window would position the exact center in the 0,0 position, meaning I only had 1/4 of the window showing in the top left. This is KODI specific as fullscreen worked fine in openbox and KODI running atop of openbox.

The solution: So I am not extremely bright and there is probably a better way to handle this but...
In your rom launcher (like advanced launcher) set the application to '/usr/games/PCSX2-linux.sh' and I suggest arguments '--nogui --fullscreen "%rom%"'
Then we edit /usr/games/PCSX2-linux.sh, go to the last line and add the xdotool command to it like so:
GDK_BACKEND=x11 LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$MY_LD_LIBRARY_PATH" __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 mesa_glthread=true MESA_NO_ERROR=1 $DIR/PCSX2 "$@" & xdotool search --sync --onlyvisible --name PCSX2 windowmove 0 0

This is probably a no-brainer to some but this was a head scratcher for me and took me a good two evenings to figure out, so posting this here just in case there is someone else out there searching around as I was.

In case it's ever important for someone, my specs:
r9 270x with latest MESA and amdgpu driver and PCSX2 version 1.7.0-0

Angry Biggrin Blink Blush Closedeyes Cool Excl Glare Happy Huh Laugh Mellow Ninja Ohmy Rolleyes Sad Smile Tongue Unsure Wacko