..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Can PCSX2 play imports?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I was just getting started on this emulator and I didn't want to extract my BIOS, so my friend decided to lend me his own BIOS. Now I was trying to play my own games by making a .iso image from them but then I had a very big doubt. Since I live in a country with not the greatest economical stability, I had to buy a PS2 with the Matrix Infinity chip, which allows you to play imports and burned games, and since my friend was like pretty rich he had the money to buy original games and didn't bother with a modchip. Now, will my imports and burned games work with my friend's BIOS, or do I have to extract my own? Thanks in advance
You need to extract your own
(05-29-2020, 10:06 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]You need to extract your own
Then I will be able to play imports and burned games?
He's stating you need to extract your own BIOS if you expect any support here. You can't "borrow" a BIOS from someone else. So, until that is done, you won't get any help.
(05-30-2020, 01:54 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]He's stating you need to extract your own BIOS if you expect any support here.  You can't "borrow" a BIOS from someone else.  So, until that is done, you won't get any help.

Ok, I've dumped my own BIOS. Now, will it be able to run imports and burned games?
just give a try and report back
(05-30-2020, 08:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]just give a try and report back
Ok, so I forgot about this thread. Now, I burned them all and some worked and some didn't and I don't know why
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]