..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS2 Renamer Tool v1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I just wanted to share the tool that I have created to rename the PS2 Game file from Game ID to Game Title.
 example: SLES-54604.iso => !Que Pasa Neng.iso
Note:
  • This tool renames PS2 Game files from Game ID to Game Title.

• This tool is only for .ISO and .BIN format (zip files are unsupported).

• This tool might failed to rename some files, that means the tool cannot find the Game ID from the 'Main List'. If that is the case, search the Game ID on 'PAL' or 'NTSC-U' tab then rename it manually.

• This tool might take a while, It depends on how many files you have.

• This tool might show "Not Responding" and that is normal, just wait for the Message Box "Done".

• Once Started, you can't cancel it.
Disclaimer: The Game list are not mine.
Sorry, but... What's the point of this ? Can't you just name your iso when you sum it from your DVD ?
The rename the file the way you want if you change your mind using F2 ?
I just wanted to say Thank You!!!   You made exactly what I was looking for.  I just renamed over 1000 games at the same time.  Without this tool, I would have had to manually enter the title to each one.  You saved me a LOT of time, and for that I wanted to post this reply to show my appreciation.
How do you use this? I tried double clicking it but it just asked what program I wanted to use to open it with no programs available. I have no idea how to run this program. Please help. Thank you.

Edit:
Okay I got Open Office and opened the thing but when I click on browse iso\bin folder nothing happens. What do I need to do?
(04-12-2021, 06:52 PM)Slesai Wrote: [ -> ]How do you use this? I tried double clicking it but it just asked what program I wanted to use to open it with no programs available. I have no idea how to run this program. Please help. Thank you.

Edit:
Okay I got Open Office and opened the thing but when I click on browse iso\bin folder nothing happens. What do I need to do?

You have to "Enable Editing" (the "Protected View" yellow banner).
You also will have to "Enable Content" (the "SECURITY WARNING" whining about Macros disabled, yellow banner).
Then and only then will this work.

I do not know what/if anything of these steps differs outside of Microsoft Office's Exel. (Last time I tried OpenOffice, I got trojans).

___
OP: THANK YOU! OPL Manager is "special", it won't correctly rename ISO's if there's already a Game ID but no title in the name field (as is par for the course for certain sources; oh, no, OPLM will just GameID.GameID and screw it all up) *eyeroll* So, yes, this is most certainly useful. Thank you again.
(05-31-2020, 05:42 AM)Ranzer11 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I just wanted to share the tool that I have created to rename the PS2 Game file from Game ID to Game Title.
 example: SLES-54604.iso => !Que Pasa Neng.iso
Note:
  • This tool renames PS2 Game files from Game ID to Game Title.

• This tool is only for .ISO and .BIN format (zip files are unsupported).

• This tool might failed to rename some files, that means the tool cannot find the Game ID from the 'Main List'. If that is the case, search the Game ID on 'PAL' or 'NTSC-U' tab then rename it manually.

• This tool might take a while, It depends on how many files you have.

• This tool might show "Not Responding" and that is normal, just wait for the Message Box "Done".

• Once Started, you can't cancel it.
Disclaimer: The Game list are not mine.

Thanks for this tool! It came in handy, but had it's drawbacks.

I have created a new one, but your tool is here too.
Please check Github for user: L10N37
Tool : PS2-ISO-Batch-Renamer-