..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ryzen 3 3200u
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would the ryzen 3 3200u run pcsx2 well?
The STP on that cpu is below 2000 so some game will be fine but for the more intensive games you will start running into speed drops.
STP according to passmark is roughly 1920. They also claim my stp on my ryzen 5 2500u is like 1850 (freakishly close actually, just ran an 1846 with edge running and typing up this answer). When I first got the laptop, they thought it was like 1620 and I ran mid 1800's then too.. so there may be some room for improvement in what passmark reports. I can play some of the lighter games.. like final fantasy x, x-2, 12, kingdom hearts, etc.. but you'll not get full speed on the heavier to emulate games like Shadow of the Colossus..

Also, that 3200u is a laptop processor.. there is potential that your cooling will cause more problems.. those low power processors don't always get great cooling setups from the factory. I found repasting my apu dropped me about 5 C during benchmarks and heavy use.
When using my laptop, I have an aluminium cooler with 4 fans and I undervolt my CPU, helps to keep it cooler.
Oh, and one more thing.. stp in passmark.. there is vastly different scores between passmark 9 and passmark 10.. I dont know what they're testing with for that score.. My threadripper in my signature scores a 2100ish on passmark 9 and 2400+ on passmark 10. I'm not sure which they use for the listings on the website...

In other words.. grain of salt... when looking things up on passmarks site.
(06-13-2020, 05:20 AM)Jtheman Wrote: [ -> ]Would the ryzen 3 3200u run pcsx2 well?

Two cores cpu will not do all that great and it also depends on the gpu
Those two cores have to work on the os processes along with pcsx2 which will make it difficult

If you can't get intel,better choose some ryzen with at least 4 cores and good nvidia gpu