..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Looking for EXP cheats for the following games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dragon Quest 8 Journey of the cursed king (NTSC-U)

and

Valkyrie profile 2 Silmeria (Also NTSC-U)

I'm looking specifically for cheats/hacks that effect EXP , these 2 games were made to grinded months at a time but i'm just trying to
do a quick playthrough on both of them Sad I don't have the time like i did in my childhood to mercilessly grind these games. Much
help would be appreciated !
You should get the PAL version of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid595942

Here is what I found:
(07-07-2020, 02:17 AM)dhillel Wrote: [ -> ]You should get the PAL version of Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...#pid595942

Here is what I found:

For the VP2 one , i'm good , i found a pnach that actually gives me a decent boost which to my surprise isn't OP for the game. As for DQ8 Tnx.
Be careful about using cheats on VP2
The game have anti cheating protection and if the game detects that you used cheats,to punish you,nothing will look abnormal until you reach chapter 5 where the game will prevent you from progressing any further(always freezing during battle)
Found this (for NTSC version), don't know if it disables the anti cheating game protection:
(07-07-2020, 10:29 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful about using cheats on VP2
The game have anti cheating protection and if the game detects that you used cheats,to punish you,nothing will look abnormal until you reach chapter 5 where the game will prevent you from progressing any further(always freezing during battle)

I heard about that ! I have a cheat code that basically disabled the function. That game is grindyyyy af , had too.

(07-08-2020, 08:29 AM)dhillel Wrote: [ -> ]Found this (for NTSC version), don't know if it disables the anti cheating game protection:
 EXTREMELY useful , there are battle items that require grinded monster parts and this is reaaaally gonna save me the trouble. Thank you a ton ~ !