..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Xenosaga III - large white bars in opening scene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i just started to play Xenosaga Episode III with setting up everything according to the wiki page to combat known bugs.
Starting the game however i got a surprisingly intrusive visual bug that covers half my screen in white bars;

[Image: unknown.png]

(image taken from opening movie), i tried to tinker with my settings as far as my knowledge reaches (im very new to PS2 emulation and not very proficient with tinkering games). Switching to any other hardware removes the white bars but gives other rendering issues that make it nigh impossible to read the screen.

PCSX2 1.6.0-20200506140834- compiled on May  6 2020
Savestate version: 0x9a0e0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Home (build 18362), 64-bit
Physical RAM    =  16111 MB
CPU name        =  Intel® Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Vendor/Model    =  GenuineIntel (stepping 0A)
CPU speed        =  2.591 ghz (12 logical threads)
x86PType        =  Standard OEM
x86Flags        =  bfebfbff 7ffafbbf
x86EFlags        =  2c100000
it's a good idea to check the PCSX2 wiki when running a new game in order to make sure the settings are right, because there is already a fix for this. try to see if it works on your rig.

https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Xenosaga_Episode_...arathustra

"Line going across middle of cut scenes

Type: Minor
Description: Straight line going across the middle of cut scene
Workaround: *OpenGL ONLY* Fix Enable HW hacks Round Sprite= Check
Alternatively: PCSX2 1.6.0 - CRC Hack Level Direct3D 11 (Hardware) - CRC Hack Level = Aggressive. Solves line going down middle of screen."

"Bottom half of flashback scenes are covered in a black box

Type: Minor
Description: Flashback cutscenes have a sepia filter over them, but the bottom half of the frame has a semi-transparent black box overlaying it.
Workaround: Setting the CRC hack level to aggressive will remove the black box, but also remove the sepia filter. Alternatively, the software renderer will work."
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.