..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Graphic Card not listed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi every one

I come by this post to expose you a problem for ten days with the latest 1.7 builds
on the new plugins, I no longer have the choice of HW or SW selection, and if I stay on the DX3D11,
my graphic card is listed, but if I switch to software it is no longer there, just like for openGL ,
and when trying to switch mode using the f9 key, an error appears.
I know that my card does not support openGL 4, but before I still had the choice to stay in software mode.

thank's for help
(09-26-2020, 05:29 PM)Ramy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi every one

I come by this post to expose you a problem for ten days with the latest 1.7 builds
on the new plugins, I no longer have the choice of HW or SW selection, and if I stay on the DX3D11,
my graphic card is listed, but if I switch to software it is no longer there, just like for openGL ,
and when trying to switch mode using the f9 key, an error appears.
I know that my card does not support openGL 4, but before I still had the choice to stay in software mode.

thank's for help

no one for help ?

approve of the effort you are making in developing this application, but it is unfortunate that you only do it for owners of large machines, yet the majority do not. If only you could think of developing the software mode first, that would be okay with many of us who have been following you since the beginning of this project. Thanks anyway
What's your gpu?
(09-30-2020, 07:18 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]What's your gpu?

intel hd integrated graphic (i3 cpu) M370 - 2.4 Ghz, 4G Ram, win 8.1 x64
Does opengl work with mesa3d for windows?
https://fdossena.com/?p=mesa/index.frag
(09-30-2020, 08:00 PM)lightningterror Wrote: [ -> ]Does opengl work with mesa3d for windows?
https://fdossena.com/?p=mesa/index.frag

i've download the file, and put it in the pcsx2 directory, but when selecting the opengl in the plugin list, the graphic card does'nt exist. with this new built, only d3d11 mode list my card.
your internal gpu isn't supported anymore in git builds.
Not that astonishing, but unavoidable.

1.8.0 version won't run on this.
Sorry for you Sad
(09-30-2020, 08:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]your internal gpu isn't supported anymore in git builds.
Not that astonishing, but unavoidable.

1.8.0 version won't run on this.
Sorry for you Sad

yes that I understood it, thank you for your answers. but why have to abandon the software mode in the new builds? that's what I don't understand. well, thank you anyway
Software mode is exclusively based on OpenGL now, as we got rid of the multiple versions of software mode, it was just wasted bulk. But if your GPU doesn't support a very old version of OpenGL, it's really about time you upgraded, you're not gonna have a good time with PCSX2.

I would suggest you stick with 1.6.0 (or a slightly older 1.7.0) until you can upgrade.
(10-01-2020, 12:54 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Software mode is exclusively based on OpenGL now, as we got rid of the multiple versions of software mode, it was just wasted bulk. But if your GPU doesn't support a very old version of OpenGL, it's really about time you upgraded, you're not gonna have a good time with PCSX2.

I would suggest you stick with 1.6.0 (or a slightly older 1.7.0) until you can upgrade.

my card only support opengl 2.1, where can'i download a gsdx for it please ?

I agree to stay on an old version of build 1.7, if I can combine a gsdx for opengl 2.1
I manage to run my games on 30-38 fps in software mode on 1.6 build, and that's enough for me, on my laptop, on the pc that I have there is no problem since it is a gaming pc with external graphics card. My problem is that I am disabled and I often stay in bed, that's why I use my laptop more often. you know everything now Smile
Pages: 1 2