..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Full screen at specified resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way for PCSX2 to run on a specified resolution?
For now I always have to switch between resolution in desktop because PCSX2 always selects desktop resolution. 
I made a custom resolution 1280x896px 59.946hz and set aspect ratio to fit window screen. All nice and all but I was wondering if there's any way to make PCSX2 always run full screen at that resolution while I keep my desktop resolution at native.
What do you mean exactly?
(09-30-2020, 12:54 AM)Kojin Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean exactly?

Hi Kojin, 
A setting like this (image below) where I can make it so the GSdx plugin can automatically switch to a specified full screen mode resolution. If its possible of course. 
[Image: Untitled.png]
What is wrong with just setting it to the resolution you want and going into fullscreen mode. Why does it need to change your desktop resolution?
(09-30-2020, 01:27 AM)Kojin Wrote: [ -> ]What is wrong with just setting it to the resolution you want and going into fullscreen mode. Why does it need to change your desktop resolution?

..... iiiyea. I'd like to do that btw this is not tied to the question I asked yesterday with in-game internal resolution but something else. I noticed that games don't actually use 4:3 resolutions but its different like 16:11.2 for 640x448 and PCSX2 has like the aspect ratio setting that you can decide either 4:3 and 16:9 but none of those are the aspect ratio of 640x448. Which is why I created a custom resolution just to play PS2 games..but rather than changing desktop resolution every time I want to play games on PCSX2 I'd want PCSX2 to just run in full screen in that resolution by itself. I hope you understand, is it possible to make it so GSdx launches at full screen in a specified resolution like 1280x896?
Hmm ... maybe I'm bad at explaining.

PCSX2 always runs full screen at the resolution of the desktop.
If I have stretch to full screen it just stretches the image to 16:9 (my desktop resolution)
I want PCSX2 to run on a different resolution than my desktop resolution.

For example.. I can play PC games and set which ever resolution I want.
For example.. I can play on ePSXe and set which ever resolution I want.

And now finally... PCSX2 always runs only at the resolution that my desktop runs at.
Can I somehow make it so PCSX2 runs at any other resolution than desktop resolution?

Basically this.. If you can reply this Smile .. you are a god and I'll erect a statue in your honor
game resolution != framebuffer size != output resolution.

PS2 only supports 4:3 and 16:9.

Quote:If I have stretch to full screen it just stretches the image to 16:9 (my desktop resolution)
I want PCSX2 to run on a different resolution than my desktop resolution.

It is other than your desktop resolution, it just gets stretch to fill the display. Do you mean you want it to run the picture at a smaller size than your desktop. Ie, with black bars all around?
(09-30-2020, 02:17 AM)Kojin Wrote: [ -> ]game resolution != framebuffer size != output resolution.

PS2 only supports 4:3 and 16:9.

It is other than your desktop resolution, it just gets stretch to fill the display. Do you mean you want it to run the picture at a smaller size than your desktop. Ie, with black bars all around?

THANK YOU!! 
And yes.. with black bars on the side. 4:3 resolution that is custom, one that is a x2 of 640x448.
It doesn't work. I tried adding those commands in the ini of gsdx but it doesn't work Sad
Can you help me make it so PCSX2 runs at a different full screen resolution than my desktop resolution?
[Image: Untitled.png]
[Image: u2inB4c.jpg]

!= means not equal. It's not a command. I'm telling you that just because it says whatever resolution in the titlebar doesn't mean the game is rendering that resolution or outputting that resolution.
Pages: 1 2