..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My new fork of PCSX2 makes 1.6.0 compatible with Windows XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-16-2020, 09:26 AM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: [ -> ]Man, the tinfoil hat is strong in this thread...

It's not so much tinfoil hat as it is the desperate last whimpers of a group of people who are stuck in the denial stage.
They can't win on the facts so they instead resort to trying to lie and spread misinformation because they think they can drum up enough discontent to bully us into doing what they want.

Look at this ridiculous distortion of Xenia's situation. It's just ***** sad.
Quote:don't be stubborn and cling to a single idea or thing
You mean like clinging to win7 or Xp ?
Alright kiddo thanks for your advice. (And think about applying it to yourself btw)

@op : using our source code to make your own fork is most welcome as long as you follow the gnu GPL

Nice jobWink
but wait, there's more. 

i've been researching on the possibility of making the DirectX 11 renderer work under PCSX2 on WinXP. It might sound out of world but there are some past projects that tried to make some sort of unofficial DX10 compatibility, althought those didn't help much, i found other that was quite interesting and which helped for this subject: the WineD3D conversion wrapper libraries.

What it does is convert DX11 calls to OpenGL equvalents. It is originally published for the Wine Linux project we all know, but this one was adapted and modified to make it work under xp by a russian developer (developed around 2016 and 2017). Obviously the performance isn't great and there are sometimes bugs, but i managed to make it work with PCSX2 without the need of code modification. You only need to drop 3 DLL files on the root folder of your PCSX2 installation to enable WineD3D and the DX11 renderer. More information can be found on the github page: https://github.com/blueclouds8666/pcsx2_XP/issues/2

here you can see it in action: (the bios colors are indeed messed up, but i only saw it happening on the bios. most games usually run without any noticable glitch)
[Image: 96385519-c271c500-1194-11eb-82cf-6e2ffcaccae2.png]
(10-16-2020, 06:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like clinging to win7 or Xp ?

Win 7 is actually a really stable OS, but MS wants to push win10, I mean.. we get it.. but some people still like Win7, and 7 does run some things 10 will not
if he wants to maintain this on his own then that's fine.
(10-19-2020, 03:05 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]Win 7 is actually a really stable OS, but MS wants to push win10, I mean.. we get it.. but some people still like Win7, and 7 does run some things 10 will not

I'm pretty sure that they are intelligent enough to understand this point, along with many other reasons why people don't want the forced, unstable OS.  But there team is all in on the Windows 10 only train; which is fine; they can do whatever they want to do with their time.

Having someone like blueclouds8666 giving an option to use an older OS is pretty cool.  Keep up the good work!  Maybe you can help out us Windows 7 users on future releases.
(10-23-2020, 01:38 PM)Tetra_Tower Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that they are intelligent enough to understand this point, along with many other reasons why people don't want the forced, unstable OS.  But there team is all in on the Windows 10 only train; which is fine; they can do whatever they want to do with their time.

Having someone like blueclouds8666 giving an option to use an older OS is pretty cool.  Keep up the good work!  Maybe you can help out us Windows 7 users on future releases.

We're not on a Win10 only train. We support 8.1 and Linux. Why is it you Win7 guys just can't have something nice to say to the guy without lying about us the in the process. It's ridiculous.
(10-23-2020, 07:01 PM)Kojin Wrote: [ -> ]We're not on a Win10 only train. We support 8.1 and Linux. Why is it you Win7 guys just can't have something nice to say to the guy without lying about us the in the process. It's ridiculous.

According to the progress reports.  Windows 7 was dropped, and also Windows 8.0 was dropped; so Windows 8.1 will be next eventually; not that it's a good OS, in my opinion.  But Windows 10 appears to be the Dev team goal.  So I'm going by the trajectory being put out there.  

Linux is not for everyone, it's another language, and to use that alongside with Windows at the same time is not a realistic option for people.

I still appreciate what you guys are doing; I just hope down the line that someone like Blueclouds can grab a stable future release and make it available for Win 7.
(10-23-2020, 08:42 PM)Tetra_Tower Wrote: [ -> ]According to the progress reports.  Windows 7 was dropped, and also Windows 8.0 was dropped; so Windows 8.1 will be next eventually; not that it's a good OS, in my opinion.  But Windows 10 appears to be the Dev team goal.  So I'm going by the trajectory being put out there.  

"When I said Windows 10 only, I didn't mean Windows 10 only. What I meant was something completely different and not at all Windows 10 only."

Windows 8.1 will be in extended support until 2023 we'll probably make a decision on whether to support it or not then.

And yeah, that's kind of how it works. Do you think we are just going to support every operating system forever until the end of time? As time progresses and new releases of various operating systems come out we will eventually we'll drop older versions of that operating system. We'll eventually drop 8.1. We'll drop current versions of Windows 10 and Ubuntu at some point in the future too. I have no idea why this would be a surprise to anyone or what point you are trying to make by stating the obvious. This is the same thing pretty much everyone does.

It's not that Win 10 is our goal, it's that eventually there will only be Win 10 because MS decided to go the Apple route and only have one release of their OS that they incrementally change. You're attributing a goal to us when it's MS that has that goal, not us. We're doing what we have always done.

(10-23-2020, 08:42 PM)Tetra_Tower Wrote: [ -> ]Linux is not for everyone, it's another language, and to use that alongside with Windows at the same time is not a realistic option for people.

Addressing an argument I never made. I listed it as one of the operating systems other than Windows 10 that we support. You know, addressing that BS you were trying to put forward as a fact and then walked back because you realized there was no way you were going to be able to defend it. You can have an opinion on Windows 10/8.1 but you are not entitled to your own facts. We support more operating systems than just Windows 10 - FACT. So when you say "Win10 only" what you are doing is misrepresenting us - FACT.

(10-23-2020, 08:42 PM)Tetra_Tower Wrote: [ -> ]I still appreciate what you guys are doing; I just hope down the line that someone like Blueclouds can grab a stable future release and make it available for Win 7.

Well thanks. I just wish you'd appreciate us by not misrepresenting us.
Current stable release still supports Windows 7, fwiw.
(10-23-2020, 09:20 PM)Kojin Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that Win 10 is our goal, it's that eventually there will only be Win 10 because MS decided to go the Apple route

I'm not sure why you're going so hard in the paint on this.  You just said you'll eventually drop Windows 8.1, and that it's not your goal to end up with Windows 10; but that you are following Microsoft's lead.  Which is exactly what my analogy of the Win 10 train means.  You're following the Microsoft Windows trajectory train.

And the OP modified an old Windows version, so I'm talking specifically about Windows and it's future.  I never said you guys didn't support Linux; this is Windows topic.
Pages: 1 2 3