..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Trying to get Armored Core 2 running smoothly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking into forums and threads here and elsewhere regarding running Armored Core 2 smoothly. Currently the best I can manage is about 75% speed with the following configurations and hardware. I haven't found a post on the series newer than 2015 and am hoping someone somewhere has made some progress.

I have tried hardware and software modes, Open GL and Dx11, messing with hacks, threads, a few other settings such as the 8bit textures and texture filtering. So far nothing has beaten DX11 Hardware mode, and iv only been testing with native resolution (though bumping it up to 3x doesn't seem to make much a difference) and in a single 1v1 arena which is a relatively light weight environment. (edit: The GS has consistently been the limiting factor if im understanding the readouts correctly.)

[Image: RWcGuQy.png]

[Image: Evm7Pzs.png]

Any assistance is appreciated
Simple short answer: There is no way you're going to get full speed with that CPU. If you'd like a longer explanation, I can provide it. But ultimately you need a major upgrade
(10-15-2020, 04:13 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]Simple short answer:  There is no way you're going to get full speed with that CPU.  If you'd like a longer explanation, I can provide it.  But ultimately you need a major upgrade

I was afraid of that, iv been meaning to replace the sucker for awhile now, money just been tight since id wanna do a full rebuild to go with it and jump to the new modern 7nm models. Thanks for at least taking a look and confirming what the issue is. I honestly hadn't thought the CPU would be the limit but at least I know. Good news is I still have my PS2 and original copies so in the interim i may just rig it up at my desk.

Really appreciate the fast response and work this community does, both the developers and helpful members.