..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Games move on their own, even with proper configs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to post this thread because it's a problem that I've been having for an awful while, and not enough information is available for it. I've only gotten PCSX2 just a few days ago, and the first day that I used it, it worked perfectly. I had all the buttons configured, and even though there were some graphical slowdowns and speedups, my games were easily playable. However, recently, I've had a huge problem with my games. The menus seem to move by themselves if they're horizontal (left-to-right), and characters only seem to move to the left. I'm using a DualShock 4 controller, and I've tried reconfiguring the left stick so that it only applies to X Axis - when it moved left, not the entire X axis as I recall one thread mentioned. For some reason, the controller acts normally when I press R2, so that might be part of it. Can anyone please help me with this issue? My old PS2 doesn't function as well as it used to, and I really want to revisit my old games.
(10-17-2020, 02:09 AM)abagar2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to post this thread because it's a problem that I've been having for an awful while, and not enough information is available for it. I've only gotten PCSX2 just a few days ago, and the first day that I used it, it worked perfectly. I had all the buttons configured, and even though there were some graphical slowdowns and speedups, my games were easily playable. However, recently, I've had a huge problem with my games. The menus seem to move by themselves if they're horizontal (left-to-right), and characters only seem to move to the left. I'm using a DualShock 4 controller, and I've tried reconfiguring the left stick so that it only applies to X Axis - when it moved left, not the entire X axis as I recall one thread mentioned. For some reason, the controller acts normally when I press R2, so that might be part of it. Can anyone please help me with this issue? My old PS2 doesn't function as well as it used to, and I really want to revisit my old games.

Did you try using another gamepad? or your Keyboard instead? Maybe it's a physical problem of your gamepad.
(10-17-2020, 06:30 AM)SeyedAli Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try using another gamepad? or your Keyboard instead? Maybe it's a physical problem of your gamepad.

I don't think it's much of a physical problem, since the controller was working perfectly fine with my PS4. I might try using my keyboard instead, but it wouldn't feel the same.
(10-17-2020, 06:48 AM)abagar2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's much of a physical problem, since the controller was working perfectly fine with my PS4. I might try using my keyboard instead, but it wouldn't feel the same.
Maybe problem is about connection, if it works with PS4, it won't be a good reason to say it has connected to your PC without problem.
But, to make sure your gamepad connected correctly, can you use it in another game on your PC? If works fine in any game/app but PCSX2, then your problem is not physical. Try it and see the result.
I'll try it tomorrow, thank you for the advice!