..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: State saves crashing psxc2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, the title basically says it all.  I have been trying the latest listed development version of psxc2, seeing if the newer features might help make some games more playable.  I was doing something in Suikoden 3 and used a state save.  Now it seems that my state saves no longer work at all.  They were fine for a while, I was able to use them without any evident issue.  All of a sudden, when I go to load anything newer than my one backup p2s file, it crashes the program.  This seems to happen with any new state save I make beyond that one point.

I know that the common advice is to not rely on state saves, and I try not to, but there are a lot of times that I just do not have the time to get to an in-game save point, since they can often be many minutes away.
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
My hardware specs are in my sig.
The version is 1.7.0 revision b626f27 (technically already said that though not so clearly)
I am using preset 3 Balanced for speed hacks.
I attached the GSdx graphics settings image.
And as I said, I was playing Suikoden 3, it's an iso.