..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [BUG Report] Gamepad rumble does not reset after load state
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
# PCSX2 version: v1.7.0-dev-596-g319287dbe
# Settings: default, gamepad rumble enabled

# Description:
Playing Ridge Racer V with a gamepad and rumble enabled, the rumble function works perfectly while racing but everytime I load a save state the rumbling remains active.

# How to reproduce this:
Make a save state just before starting a race; then start the race and play until you feel the rumble activation; at this point load the previous save state and notice the rumbling effect is still active from the previous session.

It's a little bit annoying but a minor bug, however, hope it can help!
I wouldn't consider it as a "bug" since it involves savestates.
Do you get the same problem with stable version ?
(11-25-2020, 02:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't consider it as a "bug" since it involves savestates.
Do you get the same problem with stable version ?

I haven't tested it yet on the stable version.

Update: I think it is a general issue because it happen also while playing Sylpheed.
yeah, it's quite normal, that's how savestates are made.
it basically takes a an instant snapshot of the whole emu memory.

Honestly, i don't think it's a bug. it's just how savestates are made
ok, probably it is like you say, but in this specific case i think the rumble effect should be reset because the previous state at which I'm returning does not have/need a gamepad rumble functionality.

To be more clear, take Sylpheed for example:
Im playing the game and suddendly my ship is destroyed, the gamepad rumble activates but in the meanwhile I decide to quick load the previous save state which is the start-stage menu interface in which there should be no rumbling (it's a simple menu). Instead, what it happens (at least in my case) is that the gamepad rumble effect is still active in the menu screen (at full-power, 'cause it was associated with the ship explosion), and it keep going until I restart the stage again.
Could you try olde builds like 1.4.0 and even 1.2.1 ? Just to see...
Issue exists on github, not a game specific bug.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/10245

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.