..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Texture Dumping/Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

So as you all know most systems that have emulators also have a texture dumping/replacement feature, and it seems like the last man standing is PCSX2. Will 2021 be the year we finally see the long-awaited feature? I know the code is a lot more cleaner than it used to be so could that perhaps free up some time for adding a texture dump feature?

Would love to work on PS2 texture packs, so many great games deserve it!
The problem is that it's highly depended on the game implementation, the PS2 uses primitives and not textures/shaders like you would on a normal PC. I am not a GS dev but that's how i understood it's a big hurdle compared to other emulators.
(12-20-2020, 04:24 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that it's highly depended on the game implementation, the PS2 uses primitives and not textures/shaders like you would on a normal PC. I am not a GS dev but that's how i understood it's a big hurdle compared to other emulators.

Interesting. Could you point me to where a dev has states this? I'd really like to learn more.