..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ratchet and Clank Speed and FPS Slowdowns.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have trouble running Ratchet and Clank (PAL) at a stable speed and FPS rate. It always slows down if more than 1 enemy is present. I watched taskmanager and it looks like my gpu isn't doing much while my CPU is going at 60-80%. Anything i can do? The settings below are the ones that i use, the rest is untouched.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...nknown.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/7...nknown.png
Sorry for the discord links, i cant upload images. Im using the Latest Dev build, 1.7 on hardware setting.
Unfortunately, R&C games are known to be CPU intensive, even a PC with high-end specs still struggled to emulate it.
Task manager stats mean pretty much nothing because PCSX2 is a multithreaded application.

Echoing BloodRaynare, Ratchet and Clank games are very demanding on the CPU. It would be helpful to know:
- What CPU model you have
- Approximately what the Speed % is when the game is slow
- Approximately what the EE, GS and VU %'s are when the game is slow
(12-29-2020, 04:21 AM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]Task manager stats mean pretty much nothing because PCSX2 is a multithreaded application.

Echoing BloodRaynare, Ratchet and Clank games are very demanding on the CPU. It would be helpful to know:

Sorry for not including my specs, it didnt let me because i had too many characters. I have an I5 3470. The speed depends, sometimes its 60 sometimes its 80. In the second world it's mostly 60%, i haven't played much further. The rest, i don't know what that means
(12-29-2020, 04:21 AM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]Task manager stats mean pretty much nothing because PCSX2 is a multithreaded application.

Okay, i got the Information.
1. I5-3470 Stock
2. 80-90% on the first world (Velding) and about 60% on the second world. The second world has more enemies.
3. The EE always stays over the 90% when its slow. The GS is 60-40% and the VU is 30-20%
Plain and simple CPU bottleneck then. Best you can do is make sure your power plan is high performance, otherwise not much you can do. You can set EE Cycle Skipping to level 1 and that may help a little (this forces the game to lower its internal framerate), otherwise you're just gonna have to live with it.
(12-30-2020, 05:50 AM)pandubz Wrote: [ -> ]Plain and simple CPU bottleneck then. Best you can do is make sure your power plan is high performance, otherwise not much you can do. You can set EE Cycle Skipping to level 1 and that may help a little (this forces the game to lower its internal framerate), otherwise you're just gonna have to live with it.

Well thanks though. It sad that i cannot play my favourite childhood game that i used to play for hours. I'm saving up for a new computer so there might be hope.
both ps2 and ps3 remasters are exact-tied CPU heavy-load for both pcsx2 and rpcs3 slowdowns.