..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: terrible performance version 1.7.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-13-2021, 01:29 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Vu Sync isn't an "option". It's required to improve accuracy/compatibility and avoid using hacks to make games work.
Basically, mtvu is a hack and tended to prevent games to boot. With this fix refraction brought,emulation tends to full accuracy, which is our final purpose.
Again, if you are fine with 1.6.0, then use it instead of trying to mess with Dev builds.

What about xenosaga's emulog ?

Yes you want to make the emulator more accurate in 1.7.0 but i have to set the speedhacks to 2 Safe (Default) to have same performance as 1.6.0 (no Hacks) How does this make sense ?You release the most accurate 1.7.0 version and the users will have to move the hacks sliders to the right anyway Smile
Why would they ?
When 1.8 is finally out, hardware will be stronger and able to run it.
That's always how we did. The emu evolved towards accuracy and requires beefier hardware. Just look how Play! And doboestation are made and compare. You'll understand better.
(03-13-2021, 01:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Why would they ?
When 1.8  is finally out, hardware will be stronger and able to run it.
That's always how we did. The emu evolved towards accuracy and requires beefier hardware. Just look how Play! And doboestation are made and compare. You'll understand better.

Thanx for replying to my concerns . if you think my points are invalid then i hope 1.7.0 will be as succesfull as you wish. Good luck
(03-13-2021, 01:47 AM)btimofte Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you want to make the emulator more accurate in 1.7.0 but i have to set the speedhacks to 2 Safe (Default) to have same performance as 1.6.0 (no Hacks) How does this make sense ?You release the most accurate 1.7.0 version and the users will have to move the hacks sliders to the right anyway Smile

But when you select No Hacks in 1.6.0 then Instant VU option is silently enabled anyway, because that how pcsx2 worked for years. So you prefer to have "fake no hacks" again? What's the issue wih preset 2 that you need to move it to 0? I hope that isn't meant to make emu "more accurate", because that's not how it work, and you will not see any gameplay difference (excl. speed).
Preset 2 is called default for a reason, users not need to touch that slider for any game because problematic speedhacks will be turned off per game basing on game index file.
I just update to PCSX2 v1.7.0-dev-1074-gbe89e2303
The game works just fine on a much weaker cpu(6700HQ which is also purposely limited to default max speed(no turbo)...and 4 less cores and 8 less threads)
My gpu is also much weaker(GTX1060)

I think there is some other problem unrelated to pcsx2.
When I remove the fps limit,I can reach between 90 and 200fps
I used the default GSdx settings and used OpenGL and 2k resolution
The pcsx2 speed hacks preset is set to balanced

What are your gsdx settings?
If I understand correctly this is going to be more of a CPU issue and not related to speed only... when a next stable is out we may find out how a 2019 i7 or i9 will handle it

Programming is an art... perhaps they could find a better balance between accuracy and speed until 2023
That means it would have appeared several builds ago
Seems it's build 1.7-1051. Not everyone seems to notice it depending on the hardware + game.
from the op, it started with 686
Pages: 1 2 3 4