..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: LAN play between PS2 and PCSX2 or multiple instances of PCSX2 (PAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I recently found my copy of Gran Turismo 4 and since I can speak English now, I looked into the more technical side of things and discovered that online multiplayer is a thing. However, I don't have a properly working second PS2 (or copy of the game), and was wondering if you can use PCSX2 for playing online against a PS2. Thank you!
You would need a second copy of gt4 if you want to do so, using the native multiplayer features of PS2.
If you want to use the same copy, use parsec
(03-23-2021, 08:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]You would need a second copy of gt4 if you want to do so, using the native multiplayer features of PS2.
If you want to use the same copy, use parsec

So it is possible to connect to a PCSX2 game from a PS2 or vice versa? And how is parsec gonna be used in this situation?
It is as long as both connect to a fan server. But in that case, you need both the original game.
Parsec will let you play local multiplayer ("hot seat") online.
Since you seem to be the only one to own the game, it's your only option (and the best one anyways)
I see, how do I set up a fan server though?
Don't really know. better search for one that already exists (never heard about a GT4 one...)
GT4 doesn't have an online play feature. It does have LAN feature which is definitely possible between ps2 and pcsx2. You have three options to do so:-
1. Simply connect your ps2 and your pcsx2 to same LAN.
2. Use xlink kai.
3. Use mojo lan.

Google and you will find some guides on configuring all three options.
(03-24-2021, 03:36 AM)prafull Wrote: [ -> ]GT4 doesn't have an online play feature. It does have LAN feature which is definitely possible between ps2 and pcsx2. You have three options to do so:-
1. Simply connect your ps2 and your pcsx2 to same LAN.
2. Use xlink kai.
3. Use mojo lan.

Google and you will find some guides on configuring all three options.

I see, how do I emulate a PS2 network adapter on PCSX2 though? Do I need any new plugins?
For 1.6:
https://github.com/TheLastRar/CLR-DEV9/releases

For 1.7:
A network plugin is part of the main program
(03-24-2021, 08:06 PM)RedDevilus Wrote: [ -> ]For 1.6:
https://github.com/TheLastRar/CLR-DEV9/releases

For 1.7:
A network plugin is part of the main program

Thanks, it seems that the network adapter is recognized properly, I'll try to actually get the game running tomorrow and I'll reply to this thread if I need any help.
Pages: 1 2