..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Framerate dips, could use some guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with games that I've played so far (NFS: Most Wanted and Ratchet and Clank 1) running at 60FPS most of the time, but get frequent drops to 50-55 FPS, sometimes to 45FPS. Game speed fluctuates with the frame drops, sometimes dropping as low as 80%. I enabled the Async mix, and it helped gameplay a little bit, no longer having audio become choppy and slowed down. 

I don't believe hardware would be the issue, but hardware is as such;
Intel Core i7-6700K @ base 4.00GHz clock
GTX 1070
16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200 RAM
Ratchet is one of the hardest emulate games, it drops frames even with good hardware. For NFS it could probably be the same, racing games tend to be pretty intensive to run as well. What PCSX2 version are you using though?
(03-26-2021, 02:15 AM)RedDevilus Wrote: [ -> ]Ratchet is one of the hardest emulate games, it drops frames even with good hardware. For NFS it could probably be the same, racing games tend to be pretty intensive to run as well. What PCSX2 version are you using though?

I tried Ford Racing 2 as well, but I had a few graphical and audio issues, nothing necessarily framerate related.

NFS Underground 2 runs well, doesn't really drop below 58FPS.
Midnight Club 3 runs about as well as it does on PS2, at least it doesn't run like the PSP version.
For R&C1 that's kind of strange
On my much weaker laptop version of 6700 which I also have turbo disabled(limiting the ghz to 2.5)I usually get that kind of speed(full speed with random fps drops)
My gpu is also weaker(gtx1060)than yours

The speed hack "EE Cycle Skipping" when set to 1,helps a lot(the speed almost doubles)
You can also try the latest beta(just extract it to the desktop or in your non windows partition and run it)
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/