..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Adding songs to Midnight Club 3 Dub Remix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but, I'm here to ask if anyone knows how one might add their own songs / music to Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix? Either adding more songs or even just replacing song files that already exist in the game if that's easier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !  Biggrin
Nope. Not possible.
(05-01-2021, 02:38 AM)zaim_92X Wrote: [ -> ]Nope. Not possible.

....ok..
Do you know why?
I can explain. I'll keep this simple as I can (Though, an advanced explanation would be better)

Basically, you'll have to convert your custom song into a format the game could understand. The format is quite simple though, as it's just your usual stereo PlayStation ADPCM audio data with a custom, but still a simple header (It contains information for sample rate/frequencies, number of channels, size of the audio data per channels).
But that's not all of it, you'll also have to repacking the archives that contains your custom songs back (There's no way to repack the archives for this game AFAIK).
Plus these songs would have to be added to the executable, and if the game checks the size of the sound archive, that would probably cause issues.
(04-29-2021, 06:18 PM)Jabobb Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place but, I'm here to ask if anyone knows how one might add their own songs / music to Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix? Either adding more songs or even just replacing song files that already exist in the game if that's easier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !  Biggrin

This is possible in GTA San Andreas, i believe it is also possible in MC3.