..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Analogue Stick Only Works in Some Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

Been enjoying using PCSX2 so far. I have everything setup and working a treat on both my main PC & my emulation PC.

The only issue I'm having is that some games I am unable to get my analogue stick working. Both sticks work perfectly fine with Devil May Cry 3 for example, but in the 2 fighting games I own (Street Fighter EX3 & Virtua Fighter 4) the analogue sticks don't work, only the D-Pad. The result is the same on both my PC's, with different controllers.

Main PC is running Windows 10 Pro, Emulation PC is running Windows 7.
PCSX2 1.6.0 (also tried Dev Build 1.7.0), and LilyPad 0.12.1 (also tried LilyPad 0.10).
Microsoft Xbox 360 USB Controller, and an 8bitdo S30N USB Controller (recognised in Windows as an XB360 controller).

- Using Xinput, also tried Dinput to test
- Left & Right sticks are mapped correctly in LilyPad
- LilyPad diagnostic sees the analogue sticks and responds fine (of course it does since it works in Devil May Cry 3)
- Setup an "Analogue" hotkey, pressing it in game doesn't seem to do anything
- Tried LilyPad 0.10 to regain the "prefer Analogue" option, however that didn't do anything when selected

Any suggestions? I find it difficult playing fighting games with the D-Pad, and would love to get the sticks working. Or am I wasting my time and these games aren't compatible?

Thanks.
Street Fighter EX3 actually works with analogue sticks, only if it turned off. Same with Virtua Fighter 4 too (in fact, IIRC it runs with the analog turned off by default). For VF4 case, are you playing the regular version or the Evolution update? Because in VF4EVO you can't use the analogue sticks and there's no way to turn the analog off.
(05-25-2021, 04:46 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: [ -> ]Street Fighter EX3 actually works with analogue sticks, only if it turned off. Same with Virtua Fighter 4 too (in fact, IIRC it runs with the analog turned off by default). For VF4 case, are you playing the regular version or the Evolution update? Because in VF4EVO you can't use the analogue sticks and there's no way to turn the analog off.

Hi BloodRaynare,

My copy of VF4 is the EVO version...so I guess that explains that one. I don't remember playing this with the d-pad back in the day..but I guess my memory isn't as good as it used to be!

Street Fighter EX3 still has me stumped though, as pressing my keymap for "analogue" mode doesn't appear to do anything. I've tried both keyboard and pad maps for this button and it still wont switch over.
IIRC with SFEX3 you must press the analog switch button few times (either twice or thrice, don't really remember). Or just create an another controller profiles and assign the d-pad to your physical analog axes.
I pulled out my original copy of SFEX3 and read through the manual. In the manual it explicitly states "The left & right analogue sticks are not used in this game"....so I guess the only way is to do as you suggest and setup a profile to map d-pad to analogue.

Thanks for your help.