..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [SOLVED] No audio issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I have problem with sound in pcsx2. when i start a game, using pcsx2 1.4.0 i get pop up with "failed creating mastering voice: 0x80040154"
When i'm running pcsx2 1.6.0 i get pop up with "xaudio2create not found. error code 999"
When i'm trying to use direct sound i get message that spu plugin could not be open because of compatibility or driver issues.
when i'm using portaudio i get no pop up errors but there is no sound either.

I'm on windows 10, i have installed newest drivers for my sound card but no luck.

funny thing is that yesterday it worked like a charm, next day something like this happens.

I have no clue what is causing this and i need help of someone wiser than me Wink

i'll attach console logs from both pcsx2 versions just in case.

Thank You.

Edit:
It actually looks like pcsx2 is not detecting my sound card.
when i choose wave out backend i see nothing to select in waveout device dropdown....
Did you plug any speaker/headphone into audio output jack? Usually this issue happens when you see the speaker with red X icon on the right side of taskbar.

Try to change other audio output by right click Speaker icon>Sounds>Playback and select the other audio output device as default ones.
(05-27-2021, 09:53 AM)zaim_92X Wrote: [ -> ]Did you plug any speaker/headphone into audio output jack? Usually this issue happens when you see the speaker with red X icon on the right side of taskbar. 

Try to change other audio output by right click Speaker icon>Sounds>Playback and select the other audio output device as default ones.

I tried that but no no
care to show your spu2-x settings ?
Quick update.

I gave up and did format C:/

The issue i now resolved

I,ve spent 2 days trying to figure this out and I'm still not sure what was causing it but I suspect something was messed up with dx libraries.

Case closed

(05-27-2021, 06:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]care to show your spu2-x settings ?

i guess everything was good with spu settings.

it worked like a charm on other pc

interesting was that Mame32 also was suffering from audio initialization errors

mame error code was pointing toward corrupted dx libraries

Thank You Wink