..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Ratchet & Clank Graphical Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, hope everyone is alright.

So a few days ago, after I watched a R&C: Rift Apart I wanted to play the OG R&C game. As I don't have my PS2 lying around near, I had to run the disc with PCSX2.

A few years ago I did the same but with a very weak laptop and the experience was overall really bad. Now that I have a new PC with really decent specs I was hoping it would be better :/

As I tried it out, it still had a lot of graphical lag, so I tried out a lot of tutorials, including following the configuration of a *probably* developer showing off the R&C trilogy at 4K 60fps on a dev build.

--MY CURRENT CONFIGURATION AND SETUP ARE ON THE ATTACHEMENTS--

And the lag that I'm having is shown in this video: troughout 3 different maps:

IMPORTANT NOTES!!! --

You look at the stats on the right corner, and it will always show 60fps, for that, the explanation is that the window that the emulator is showing the process of the emulation trough is always at 60fps (depending if you're playing games from NTSC or PAL, in that case, it will be 50fps), so the lag is from the emulation itself.

As I pointed at the video, the values we need to be looking at are the Frame Times. If it were to be smooth 60fps, the frame time should be at max 16.67ms, but as shown in the video, it goes over 30ms, which means the game drops below 30fps.

A thing that I noticed and it's pretty obvious, this only happens when the screen is bloated with things moving.

I hope someone is able to help me with this one.

Anyways, thanks a lot!
Update to 1.7 build and the issues should be mostly resolved
(07-04-2021, 04:11 AM)CK1 Wrote: [ -> ]Update to 1.7 build and the issues should be mostly resolved

thank you, installed pcsx2 two days ago, the 1.6.0 version and didn't find the 1.7.0
(07-04-2021, 07:20 PM)YoungBlood030 Wrote: [ -> ]thank you, installed pcsx2 two days ago, the 1.6.0 version and didn't find the 1.7.0

supposed to download the 32bit version right?
yes
(07-04-2021, 07:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]yes

Came back from testing it and I still found the same issues I had with 1.6.0, altough with SIGNIFICANTLY better results after tweaking some options. It still drops FPS and slows down sometimes, but now it only drops to ~40FPS
One question that I have is if it's normal that both GPU and EE quickly hit 100% load randomly? Or it happens depending on the game that I'm playing? And is it the reason why I'm having these issues.

-My options' on the attachments-
EE cycle skipping is to avoid like a plague for Ratchet games, and a 130% cyclerate is what is needed for a flawless experience.
(07-04-2021, 08:55 PM)Atomic83 Wrote: [ -> ]EE cycle skipping is to avoid like a plague for Ratchet games, and a 130% cyclerate is what is needed for a flawless experience.

Got it, still slows dooowwwnn like a turtle