..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: When pcsx2 is 100% 64bit will guys start working on vulkan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We know making pcsx2 64bit is needed but once done with it add vulkan support to pcsx2 because help some games upscale bugs and some run batter vulkan api I talked about long term like 2 to 3 years vulkan added to pcsx2
if you can, just make it
apart from that, no.
(07-11-2021, 10:52 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]if you can, just make it
apart from that, no.

It's a shame with my RX 6700 XT I'm stuck on the DX OPGL so low performance with recent amd gpu  Sad
Yep. Too bad
Do you have any prove that vulkan will be better on pcsx2 or is it just because it works better somewhere else,it will automatically work better on pcsx2 too.
PS2 is a different beast.
(10-30-2021, 12:28 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any prove that vulkan will be better on pcsx2 or is it just because it works better somewhere else,it will automatically work better on pcsx2 too.
PS2 is a different beast.

Without blaming anyone I find it frustrating to see that things are not even tried if I could I would do it unfortunately I am quite unable
(10-31-2021, 08:19 AM)Forban Wrote: [ -> ]Without blaming anyone I find it frustrating to see that things are not even tried if I could I would do it unfortunately I am quite unable

this explains why you have no idea how time and resource consuming it could be to just "try"
(10-31-2021, 08:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]this explains why you have no idea how time and resource consuming it could be to just "try"

I never claimed the opposite but the internet is great and there are always solutions Things that seemed impossible in the past are not today (hello saturn)
AMD is the problem, not the devs of PCSX2, AMD lack the driver support for it.
(11-03-2021, 05:27 PM)LogicalHandGrenade Wrote: [ -> ]AMD is the problem, not the devs of PCSX2, AMD lack the driver support for it.

not exactly.
Problem is A Vulkan renderer wouldn't bring anything interesting perfomance wise since most of the functions exlusive to it aren't useful for ps2 emulation
Pages: 1 2 3