..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SCPToolkit not working with my PS3 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so, I have been trying to connect my PS3 Controller to my PC but it doesnt work the first time. So I thought nothing of it and try again, and again, and again until I tried to uninstall it. But when I try for the last time, it displays an error messages saying : "Installation result: WDI_ERROR_EXISTS" Plus everytime I connect my PS3 to my PC. My pc always read it as Unknown even after using the ScpCleanWipe and uninstall from the driver installer. Any solution to this?
first uninstall the PS3 driver you installed via scptoolkit, then reboot your pc. then install the dualshock 3 driver again via scptoolkit and it should work.also note, do not cancel the installation or uninstallation of the driver, unless it takes more than 5 minutes.
Isn't SCP kind dead now? I've been using the new HID driver with ds4windows. Seems to work alright.
Yes, SCP is abandoned by its author. You can either use DS4Windows, or DsHidMini, the latter of which is made by the SCP author, specifically to kill SCP off.
I actually use both, DSHidMini has a mode that emulates a ps4 controller and you can use it with DS4Windows. It also has a dinput mode that works with pressure sensitivity but it was a little annoying to use and I don't need the pressure sensitivity it provides.

Edit: docs https://vigem.org/projects/DsHidMini/HID...Explained/