..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

For a day or so I have been trying to figure out a way to fix my problem playing PS2 games in Batocera linux V31 stable.
Every game I boot up gives me black screen flickering randomly appearing and sometimes it lasts 1 second or sometimes it just stays black untill I exit out to batocera.

I tried searching online but couldnt find a fix and I also have all proper bios' I think.
When it does work it seems to be running fine at 60fps and I've tried both stable v31 and beta 32.

Im running batocera on a custom build pc for batocera and PS2 is the only system/emulator that causes any issues for me, I will add a video below.
At the end of the video I manually exit out to batocera via the hotkey so it doesnt freeze.

https://youtu.be/bco2gwtDfgg

Specs:
I5 8600, 6 core, 4.3 ghz
8gb ram dual channel
nvidia gtx 1050ti 4gb low profile

I hope anyone can help me with this!

Thanks in advance.
Isn't batocera a distro using retroarxh cores ?
If so, that's none of our concern
(08-04-2021, 04:43 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't batocera a distro using retroarxh cores ?
If so, that's none of our concern

Batocera is a distro but not using retroarch cores for ps2 emulation.
It's running Linux with a full version of pcsx2.

I can either let the batocera frontend launch pcsx2 or start pcsx2 manually from a list of installed applications and change the settings.
I thought I'd share this in case anyone has a similar issue in the future.
I have actually fixed it by using 3x video resolution to "match" my 1080p TV.
Changing back to 1x resolution and the problem reappears...

Framerate on some games now drops sometimes obviously but I'll try some things.