..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Saves disappearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has become quite the issue for me since Yesterday because I am trying to make my way through a game, and none of my progress gets saved. 
So here's what happens:
1. I save the game in a save slot
2. I successfully exit the Emulation Window
3. I successfully close PCSX2
4. I come back to find my saves not appearing and not being able to load
I even formatted a Memcard today and the problem is still happening, what gives?
Are you waiting for it to save or just hitting save then closing the window?
(08-21-2021, 03:35 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Are you waiting for it to save or just hitting save then closing the window?

I wait till it says 
"(gzipThread) Data saved to disk without error." in the log then I exit
wait, are you talking about savestates?

they shouldn't disappear, once you boot the game again, after a few seconds it should appear in the list, or you can cycle through the slots with F2 then load a slot with F3. but they won't appear in the games load menu, if that's what you mean.

I would recommend you use the ingame save system also by choosingt he save option in the game and waiting until it says save successful in the game window, savestates can be unreliable at times.
(08-21-2021, 04:55 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]wait, are you talking about savestates?

they shouldn't disappear, once you boot the game again, after a few seconds it should appear in the list, or you can cycle through the slots with F2 then load a slot with F3. but they won't appear in the games load menu, if that's what you mean.

I would recommend you use the ingame save system also by choosingt he save option in the game and waiting until it says save successful in the game window, savestates can be unreliable at times.

Okay thanks for the help, the saves seem to be loading now. I'll try to find the in-game save but I don't know if it has one
(08-21-2021, 05:06 PM)UnknownCreatire236 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks for the help, the saves seem to be loading now. I'll try to find the in-game save but I don't know if it has one

If you are making a savestate and then expecting that to show up in-game, that is not how that works. Savestates are RAM dumps of the emulated PS2 which are used to quickly revert back to an old PS2 state. In-game saves are both made and loaded in-game, the same as on your console.